• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late round guys

ncfan

Guys who you think wont come off the board until the 4th round or even later, but couod be a good bargain or steal

A couple of guys I got

Mack Hollins- CBS has him as a 7th round guy.  6'3 210 and a deep threat speed.  All tools Proehl can work with.  Another big reason to draft him, willing and good special teams guy.  Watch Ryan Switzer return highlights and youll see Mack out there making big key blocks.  One big return last year he laid out a block sprinted down field with his speed and made the block on the last guy for Switer.  

Chidobe Awuzie-  spent alot of picks on CBs.  Bradberry has looked decent but Worley has been average at best.  Awuzie is almost a mirror image of Bradberry.  Big Physical athletic Corner thats still a little raw.  Awuzie helped lead Colorado to the Pac12 championship.  Super deep CB class have him pushed down into the 4th in almost all mocks

Julian Davenport-  small school guy.  has all the tools.  would be a project.

30 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I've seen Davenport in some mocks go to us in the 2nd. I don't think he'll be a late round guy either. I'll be interested to see how the OTs shake out. There are some guys like Chad Wheeler (and Zach Banner) and Conor McDermott and Roderick Johnson all fell off a bit this year (all but Johnson have been hurt) when I recall before the season that they were all being thrown around in the 1st/2nd in 2017 mocks. There could be some good developmental tackles who jump from nowhere to be really solid players like Norwell as an UDFA. I still want McGlinchey, but we've got 9 picks this year, so I hope we use some of the late ones (4th-7th) on guys like the ones above. I could easily see all of the above slip to our 4th. By all, I don't mean all will, but each player could easily slip into the 4th.

Really Ive only seen Davenport that high on walter football.  Everyone else has him late, a big project.  Even all the fanspeak drafts ive ran through, I havnt seen him come off earlier than the 4th.

Please give me Ryan Switzer. Ginn has sucked as a return man for awhile now. Let him just focus on being a deep threat WR. Switzer would be an upgrade at this point as a return man and potentially develop into the type of underneath YAC WR this offense sorely lacks. Basically, he could be what Philly Brown was supposed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of late round or priority free agent position converts to think about and keep an eye on during the draft process:

Greg Ward Jr., QB, Houston (5'11" 185 lbs) - School listings might both be generous but he's an excellent athlete to consider as a slot wide receiver/ returner (did that the first 1.5 seasons at Houston).  Even though Carolina failed with its most recent attempt at a QB to receiver convert there are numerous success stories in the league (value is key).

Clint Van Horn, OT, Marshall (6'5" 317lbs) - Consider as a possible convert to guard.  His bio has several key words that keep popping up in the type of lineman we've grabbed lately (Aggressive, physical, nasty, wide, brawler)

Tyrone Swoopes, QB, Texas (6'4" 249 lbs) - Another athlete that played mainly as Texas's red zone wildcat quarterback this season.  Entering the draft as a Tight End prospect.

This is a late round developmental guy im extremely interested in. I have no idea how to pronounce his name but he looks like a man among boys.

Edit: He might not be a "late" round guy depending on how he does at the combine. Might go in the 2nd or 3rd. I wouldn't be mad if he was our 2nd round pick. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

James Washington is lighting up Awuzie like a Christmas tree.

Yeah I cant believe it.  Thatll drop his stock down to the 4th. Still think he is Bradberry 2.0.  Same size and speed/build.  Think he could be coached up to compete for the #2 across Bradberry.

Will say, I think Rudolph is a stud.  And has as much potential as any QB in this Class.  Reminds me of Flaco or Big Ben

On 12/28/2016 at 8:45 PM, stbugs said:

I'd be upset if he was our 2nd round pick based on where he's ranked. I wouldn't mind him starting in the 3rd, if he plays well in the bowl games/combine, but guys like Taco Charlton and Demarcus Walker should be around with our 2nd pick and I'm not sure if Tanoh is as good. It's hard to tell as he's got to be dominant at a school like Villanova and it's hard to compare him going against more close to NFL prospective OLs.

I'd wait another round till the 4th before considering him and judging by what Gettleman had done in past drafts and said I think he would do the same. He looks for starters or major contributors in the first 3 round and Tanoh is very raw (of course coming from a small school) for an "older" prospect.

Archived