• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please beat Washington

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, Nails said:

Get ahold of yourself.  It's us against the world.  The world won this year, and the world wants us to win our last three to severely criple the value of our draft picks.  Let those clueless buffoons wallow in their own mediocrity and misery while we regroup with a top 10 pick and go on a 3-5 year run to blow that miserable kook place and their overpaid 29 year old CB away to a new demention of irrelevance.  Winning tonight means NOTHING.  For the love of Pete let them have it.

Winning always means something. Hey if not for winning in December, Ron might not have a job......hmmmm, maybe you have a point....naaahhh

ill roll with Superman one more time, if I can believe in Christmas I can believe one more time in Cam.

9 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Winning always means something. Hey if not for winning in December, Ron might not have a job......hmmmm, maybe you have a point....naaahhh

ill roll with Superman one more time, if I can deliver in Christmas I can believe one more time in Cam.

Yeah it'd mean something alright, likely losing Fournette or Barnett, instantaneously dropping us from 7 to 11, with two even more hated rivals still to play.  Michael Jordan didn't win his first ring until year 7, I have no doubt Cam can as well...next year.  

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

I hate the idea of losing to the Bucs but I'd sacrifice a win to keep the Falcons on the couch in January. 

My hate towards Washington (fans) is equally balanced by the desire for a good draft pick. I will have no such moral qualms about dismantling the Falcons next week.

38 minutes ago, Nails said:

Those FOOLS haven't made it past the divisional round since the Panthers were even AWARDED a franchise.  It wouldn't shock me at all if the Panthers match their 3 Super Bowl victories before they even advance past that stage again.  Give them a scare tonight, but please, find a way, any way, to lose this meaningless game.  Please.

My foreskin hate runs too deep......45 yrs worth

no way in hell would I wish for a loss to those cocksu*kers.

1 minute ago, SamMills4Life said:

My hate towards Washington (fans) is equally balanced by the desire for a good draft pick. I will have no such moral qualms about dismantling the Falcons next week.

Exactly.  That would give the team a winning home record as well, a punchers chance at staying at #7, and a very good chance at staying in the top 10.  Tonight and @Tampa the juice of winning is simply not worth the squeeze.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

I go on nearly every teams site with some alias usually every week, and while most sensible redskin fans are reasonable, there are a ton more expecting 500+ yards for Kirk, no sacks, and that our defense is basically the Browns.

Like the delusion is insane. Never have I seen such fans so blind to reality. We lead the league in sacks after a 7.5 sack total pre bye week. 

Like that's really huge. And since we theoretically can get in the playoffs still, Luke might play. If not, Klein is still great. 

Sacks are just one stat.  

Post bye we still allow 23 pts per game (25 on the year)...while being pretty good at time of possession (14th currently and considering our OL that is pretty good)

Washington boast the #3 offense and easily should be #2 at the end of tonight even with a bad showing 

so Washington should think they should have success on offense 

goimg into tonight Carolina allows the most pass yards per game as well.  That might have something to do with the odd sack stat that doesn't seem to fit.  Teams want to throw on us and do.  Sometimes they sack us in the process of completing so many against us

23 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Never give up wins for a couple draft pick spots.

You say that now, but the utter rage and madness I felt toward Olindo Mare for shanking the 2011 Vikings game was a frog that led to the prince that is Luke Kuechly.  Which seems more important now, that Vikings game or having Luke locked up until 2022?  We are SO close to our choice of elite talent and SO close to a dynasty.  Winning tonight hurts the goal of bringing a Lombardi to Charlotte, pure and simple. It can be debated how much it hurts the goal, but whether in a big or small amount or way, it hurts the goal.

6 minutes ago, Nails said:

You say that now, but the utter rage and madness I felt toward Olindo Mare for shanking the 2011 Vikings game was a frog that led to the prince that is Luke Kuechly.  Which seems more important now, that Vikings game or having Luke locked up until 2022?  We are SO close to our choice of elite talent and SO close to a dynasty.  Winning tonight hurts the goal of bringing a Lombardi to Charlotte, pure and simple. It can be debated how much it hurts the goal, but whether in a big or small amount or way, it hurts the goal.

Just because you have any higher draft slot doesn't mean it works out better for you.   We could of lost more games prior to the Luke draft....but we didn't and got Luke.  If we  drafted higher that draft and maybe we don't get Luke. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Just because you have any higher draft slot doesn't mean it works out better for you.   We could of lost more games prior to the Luke draft....but we didn't and got Luke.  If we  drafted higher that draft and maybe we don't get Luke. 

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/hall-of-famers-by-draft-round/

The number of Hall of Famers proportional to draft position says it all.  If these cold card facts aren't enough for even the hardest of heads, the simple fact that trading back to the early or mid teens could yield another 2nd round pick should surely convince anyone.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Your point? we could have won more games and not have gotten Luke.  We could have won a few games in 2010; made our egos a little better and not have gotten Cam.  One of the reasons why it seems like Gettleman sucks at drafting in the first round compared to Hurney is because Hurney generally had higher draft picks than Gettleman.  Yes, it is a game of luck.  You could get Tom Brady at 199, and you could get Ryan Leaf.  But generally the statistics show that a higher pick is generally a better player. Picking apart individual cases rather than looking at holistic statistics for success rates is simply irrational.

Archived