• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you make out of Cams press conference?

chknwing

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Cam doesn't handle adversity well so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't bounce back. You know the staff is thinking the same thing.  

You are such a bitter little twerp.

Doesn't handle adversity? The guy f*cked up his back in a car accident after having off season ankle surgery, and led our team to a division crown, and the playoffs.

Mentally weak people like you that sit on message boards crying like a bitch every week might not be able to handle adversity, but it isn't a concern for Cam.

Goodness some of the hot takes on here...

Think it's pretty obvious his shoulder is messed up.  He's not lazy or apathetic, he is playing hurt.  Had every opportunity to quit if he wanted but he refused because he loves the game and the team.

But it was a long, trying season.  He needs to take time off to let that shoulder heal.  He's not going to tell you his shoulder is hurt, so that's why he gave the answer he did.

Cam will be back and will be as motivated as ever.  What this season showed is how critical Cam's throwing velocity has been to his success.  He's never thrown with as much anticipation as a Manning or Rivers.  He can clearly improve in that area with an OC that will make that a priority.

Frankly, we aren't going to materially change his mechanics at this point.  But we can speed up his process through focused drills and improve the O-Line.  Cam's mechanics were much more consistent last year and early this year when he trusted the line.  If we do those things, Cam will be back to form next season.

12 hours ago, chknwing said:

Cam states  “For me, I think me and football got a love-hate relationship,” Newton said in his postgame news conference. “And we’re not on good terms right now. I’m just going to leave her alone for a while.”

As I posted in another thread, Ron Rivera and Mike Shula and the NFL have pounded the joy out of the game for Cam.

Which is exactly what a lot of his "fans" have demanded for a while now.

Welp... they got what they wanted.  Hope they're happy.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

As I posted in another thread, Ron Rivera and Mike Shula and the NFL have pounded the joy out of the game for Cam.

Which is exactly what a lot of his "fans" have demanded for a while now.

Welp... they got what they wanted.  Hope they're happy.

No they're not because now it's a "possibility" he could be traded. They're already looking to the future with three first rounders and a decent QB to "back him up."

13 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

First let me say, NOOO, I do not think it is ever possible that a QB like Cam, in his prime. is going to be traded.

This is my original response when @ARSEN first posed this scenario.

"Aw c'mon man!!!!! Wait...3 1st rounders for Cam? Let me have a few more shots to think about that. 3 1st rounders is a tempting offer I tell ya what.

For Cam?...Dang. I love me some Cam as my QB. But 3 1st rounders. Double dang man. That is a franchise changing deal. Of course we lose Cam. But imagine the talent you can get with 6 1st round picks? (Our 3, and the 3 with get in the trade.)

OMG. My mind is all a flutter with the possibilities. Happy New Year indeed."

So.....if you had read the entire thread, you would have already known the answer to your question. But as this is the New Year. I forgive you. And to prove it. I showed you my original reply.

So to reiterate. Getting 3 #1s for Cam is an enticing offer. So much so, that it is tough to think about turning it down. Glad I don't have to make that determination.

I read the entire thread.  The scenario was very specific.  It was not 3 first round picks.  It was 2 firsts and Ogbah (who was a 2nd rounder last year that we worked out and presumably liked).  That's why I asked the question.  I certainly did not ask it to find out if you were an ass or not.

I agree, franchise quarterbacks are difficult to come by. but Cam is uncharted waters.  There's never been another Cam.  He's a freak athlete but maybe not the best fit for what Carolina is wants to do. Is he really untradeable? What if Carolina management decided a solid accurate passer is more useful.  Maybe Carolina wants a bruising/dominate defense and an offense that grinds out first downs and wins games 20-6,  Can you get there quicker with a trade like this?

7 hours ago, TheRed said:

You are such a bitter little twerp.

Doesn't handle adversity? The guy f*cked up his back in a car accident after having off season ankle surgery, and led our team to a division crown, and the playoffs.

Mentally weak people like you that sit on message boards crying like a bitch every week might not be able to handle adversity, but it isn't a concern for Cam.

I got your twerp hanging you punk. 

This should be a time when Cam takes a leaders role and puts this year behind him quickly. Show that you have a fire to get back to the big game. Start the offseason early, and get to work with some of your receivers to develop timing and a better level of chemistry.

2 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

This should be a time when Cam takes a leaders role and puts this year behind him quickly. Show that you have a fire to get back to the big game. Start the offseason early, and get to work with some of your receivers to develop timing and a better level of chemistry.

I looks to me like he's burned out.   Lots of poo contributed to his regression, some of it his own doing and some of it from his coaches.   The whole team minus a few just kind of went through the motions this season.   Some of them hopefully will be replaced.

On what he believes he will need to do to heal his shoulder: "Rest, a lot of rest. For me, I think me and football have a love-hate relationship and we're not on good terms right now. I'm just going to leave her alone for a while and just try to be as regular as possible right now." 

On what the offseason holds: "Nathaniel, nothing. Just trying to teach [Newton's son] Chosen the three-step dropback and getting him prepared to be a big brother."

On whether he believes that football is not as much fun as it used to be for him: "It's losing. We all play this game for one reason and one reason only. That's what it all comes down to. It's never fun losing. So, that's the fun in itself. As professionals, we have an image to uphold and things of that sort, so for us, we just have to focus on being a better personal, whatever it is. I know I have to be better."

On how long it will take for him to love football again in his "love-hate relationship" he has with the sport right now: "Next year. I can't do anything about it now, you know what I'm saying? I can't do anything about it now. So, for me I'm just taking it all in stride. That was a joke by the way. I don't want see on the Charlotte Observer, 'Cam loves, now he hates football. He may not come back next year.' I don't want to see that. Listen, I just want to get away from football just like every person by default. We're not going to the playoffs, so we just have to make the most of our opportunity right now. Like I say, I am just going to get 100 percent and miss it again."

What this means is he needs a break, he needs to rest, he needs to heal. Then he will focus on football. That's it. 

Archived