• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JPP--do we go after him or not?

truthjuice

18 hours ago, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Actually an NFL player did that before, Dante Stallworth lol, killed somebody driving drunk, and got in less trouble than what Josh Gordon is going through

If he was drunk then when hes sober who knows he could be a timid guy, so you judging him as a little crazy doesn't apply to him in this situation

Yes Dante Stallworth was kind of my point. I can't get mad at a guy for on his worst day hurting himself being dumb with a firework probably with his family, probably intoxicated.

I'm basing the crazy on videos I've seen of him behind the scenes whilst sober.  My point was we are not hiring project managers here.  A little crazy makes for one hell of a defensive football player.  

And what does Gordon have to do with anything?  Dude is dumb af to keep doing the same poo over and over.  I've been smoking on and off since I was a teen but I surely could stop if my job was in jeopardy.  And I don't make millions.  Yes it should be legal but its not, he's fuging dumb

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Unless he signs a prove it deal, which I don't see happening, he won't be in Carolina. That said, I'd much rather give that money to Chandler Jones who might be gone in Arizona. This is all null if we re-sign KK, Gettleman won't write another big contract.

Chandler Jones is getting tagged if they don't get a deal done. 

Arians has said so himself. There is ZERO chance Jones hits the market, zero.

I was a huge 'sign Chandler Jones' guy until, like Fua said, I read about Arians not letting him hit free agency.  Jones is their top target and is probably why Jefferson will be let go. A guy in ARI that is older (30) is Calais Campbell.  He's definitely a RR kind of DE, but I would prefer to spend our money on younger guys. 

As for the talk about Barnett instead of JPP....though I agree Barnett is a nasty DE that I really really want in Carolina, I say why not both?  For a GM that loves the trenches, he could in one fail swoop, do with DE what he once did with DT. 

A rotation of JPP-Star-Butler-Barnett would be sick, with a LB corps of Kuechly-Shaq-TD behind that. Re-sign CJ on the cheap and rotate him and Ealy in. We still have Coleman back at FS, sign Cyprien for SS and 2 young, hungry and more confident CBs in Bradberry and Worley. Re-sign Johnson for the nickel and that defense is ridiculously talented. 

Go out and get Foreman in the 2nd and Leggett in the 3rd, and add Kendall Wright/Kenny Stills/Cordarelle Patterson in free agency for the offensive punch that Cam needs and we are looking pretty damn good, moving forward.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Chandler Jones is getting tagged if they don't get a deal done. 

Arians has said so himself. There is ZERO chance Jones hits the market, zero.

They still have to pay Calais Campbell as well as all their safeties minus Honey Badger. Just means Campbell will be available if Jones signs.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Actually an NFL player did that before, Dante Stallworth lol, killed somebody driving drunk, and got in less trouble than what Josh Gordon is going through

If he was drunk then when hes sober who knows he could be a timid guy, so you judging him as a little crazy doesn't apply to him in this situation

I know you are trying to make a point. But Stallworth spent a year in jail. So he did get in more trouble than most NFL players ever had.

Archived