• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Panthers were doomed from the start."

pantherclaw

RR spoke of this early in season, something along lines of "the schedule makers did us no favors". Panthers had 4 months of repeat Superbowl losing questions. Plus they played the last game of the season, then the first of the new season AT Denver.

Still no reason to cry about scheduling, it is what it is.......

It's starting to look more more like we were never supposed to have a winning season after that Super Bowl appearance the odds were just too much against us I know you said poo and affect us but it did in number and I don't lack confidence but geez the injuries were ugh

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Guest Lasus83
Yeah, I think it was a little more important last season because at least two out of three starting corners were rookies. The loss of KK would affect us, but his loss would be easier to absorb with Star and Butler (and hopefully, Love) in the mix.

I, for one, thought we could absorb the loss with Bene... dude was in the top 15 of pff rankings before the leg.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

39 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

We were doomed from the beginning because of Shula and also Rivera and Gettleman not doing their jobs.  Schedule had little to do with it.

Funny that Coleman specifically mentioned it wasn't the Xs and Os but execution by the players. Also said by the time the rookie corners got going we were 1-5. 

Both things I have said for months. Schedule was also a big issue according to a guy on the field. But keep going on and on with your misguiding rambling ignoring what everyone else is saying.

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Funny that Coleman specifically mentioned it wasn't the Xs and Os but execution by the players. Also said by the time the rookie corners got going we were 1-5. 

Both things I have said for months. Schedule was also a big issue according to a guy on the field. But keep going on and on with your misguiding rambling ignoring what everyone else is saying.

What else would you expect a player to say?

"ya all those close losses were due to poor coaching.."

I'm sure that'd go over very well. 

We were doomed since the offseason tbh.

We lost some key players and went into the season with 3 rookie CB's. It should have been easily obvious we were going to suck this year.

"You never stay the same. You either get better or you get worse." - Jon Gruden

If you don't get better after LOSING a superbowl, what made us think we were going to be able to get back to it after getting worse in the offseason?

24 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

What else would you expect a player to say?

"ya all those close losses were due to poor coaching.."

I'm sure that'd go over very well. 

He could have said a lot or nothing at all. Most times if he felt it was coaching he wouldn't say anything at all. To specifically say it wasn't X's and Os suggests he was telling what he thought. Particularly when he wasn't specifically asked that question. Notice he didn't mention injuries at all.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He could have said a lot or nothing at all. Most times if he felt it was coaching he wouldn't say anything at all. To specifically say it wasn't X's and Os suggests he was telling what he thought. Particularly when he wasn't specifically asked that question. Notice he didn't mention injuries at all.

Majority of pro athletes are going to take ownership on something like this. There's really no need to read between the lines like you're doing when someone says something like he did.

I, for one, thought we could absorb the loss with Bene... dude was in the top 15 of pff rankings before the leg.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yeah as much as people like to poo on Gettleman about the Josh thing I don't think this gets brought up enough. Bene had looked like a legitimate starting corner in this league before he got hurt and from everything I heard his rehab was going well, it was completely reasonable to expect him to hold down one of the corner spots while the rookies handled the other. Unfortunately he just couldn't do it physically and the secondary imploded because of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Majority of pro athletes are going to take ownership on something like this. There's really no need to read between the lines like you're doing when someone says something like he did.

Yeah especially when 9 out of 10 times that execution is exactly the problem which is reinforced when they watch film and know where they should have been and what should have happened. Something that when you watch film or the game have no idea about.

9 minutes ago, Manos said:

Yeah as much as people like to poo on Gettleman about the Josh thing I don't think this gets brought up enough. Bene had looked like a legitimate starting corner in this league before he got hurt and from everything I heard his rehab was going well, it was completely reasonable to expect him to hold down one of the corner spots while the rookies handled the other. Unfortunately he just couldn't do it physically and the secondary imploded because of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

But once again why not bring in veterans to hedge your bets. As late as July there were still guys out there available. It wasn't like we didn't have the money.

Archived