• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

getting better at offense this offseason

juliosantos

This is the offseason to get better on offense. No one is denying that our offense took a huge step backwards in the 2016 season . This is the perfect offseason to do that and this is what we need to do .#1 our first priority is to find cam a lt there is a decent amount of them in free agency this year even if we do have to spend we should! also find another tackle in the low / medium pay range to compete with oher or williams for the rt spot .

# 2 we need to find more speed , i believe we should lock up ginn for the right price he is a key deep threat for our offense and also we need to find a slot guy that has some speed , we dont need to spend big on a guy like desean jackson , cam can make fast guys look great . Alot of people think a big receiver is the perfect receiver for cam but im here to say thats bs the perfect receiver for cam is a fast deep threat wr thats why steve smith and ginn looked so good for us , not taking anything away from benjamin and funchess but a fast wr that can stretch the field would be much better for us .

# 3 DRAFT FOURNETTE IF HES THERE AT 8 . Call me crazy but i would take him over anyone in this draft class , for a team that runs almost more then any team in the nfl a star runningback would make our offense so much better . Just think about how good cam would be if the pressures off of him and he doesn't have to do all the work running the ball . fournette is a freak running back and i dont see any flaws in his game other than injury prone , he also fits our power running scheme.

#4 get rid of the read option bull sheet , its done people know how to stop it , it does nothing but put cam in a position to get crushed and the refs dont care so he wont be getting no penalties . However that doesn't mean to stop running cam ,we need to use him for his talents im all for designed running plays but we dont need the option for that .

With all this done our offense should be solid and look like it did in 2015 with cam having another mvp like year . 

4 hours ago, juliosantos said:

This is the offseason to get better on offense. No one is denying that our offense took a huge step backwards in the 2016 season . This is the perfect offseason to do that and this is what we need to do .#1 our first priority is to find cam a lt there is a decent amount of them in free agency this year even if we do have to spend we should! also find another tackle in the low / medium pay range to compete with oher or williams for the rt spot .

# 2 we need to find more speed , i believe we should lock up ginn for the right price he is a key deep threat for our offense and also we need to find a slot guy that has some speed , we dont need to spend big on a guy like desean jackson , cam can make fast guys look great . Alot of people think a big receiver is the perfect receiver for cam but im here to say thats bs the perfect receiver for cam is a fast deep threat wr thats why steve smith and ginn looked so good for us , not taking anything away from benjamin and funchess but a fast wr that can stretch the field would be much better for us .

# 3 DRAFT FOURNETTE IF HES THERE AT 8 . Call me crazy but i would take him over anyone in this draft class , for a team that runs almost more then any team in the nfl a star runningback would make our offense so much better . Just think about how good cam would be if the pressures off of him and he doesn't have to do all the work running the ball . fournette is a freak running back and i dont see any flaws in his game other than injury prone , he also fits our power running scheme.

#4 get rid of the read option bull sheet , its done people know how to stop it , it does nothing but put cam in a position to get crushed and the refs dont care so he wont be getting no penalties . However that doesn't mean to stop running cam ,we need to use him for his talents im all for designed running plays but we dont need the option for that .

With all this done our offense should be solid and look like it did in 2015 with cam having another mvp like year . 

I'm hoping they draft the LT from WISC in the second. I'd love Whitworth or Okung for a stop gap. What would also help if Shula stop having the WRs run these long routes all the time and have him throw short quick passes like Brady and Ryan.

I'd rather draft a DE at 8. I'd rather Cam have a James White/Dion Lewis-like back that he could check down to and keep defenses from stacking the box as seen with Brady.

I agree mostly. 

1. Definitely times 1000.

2. This so much, we have got big strong down, need fast.  Hopefully we can find a combination with hands. 

3. I'm a believer now.   Athletically he is far superior to everyone. 

4. I think this was more of a combination of 1 and 2 than the offense itself.   With Ted Ginn playing the #1 reciever, teams respected his speed.  He ate up a lot of the one on one scenarios(whether he caught the ball that's a different matter).  KB and Funch weren't beating anyone off the line.   Yeah they had to ability to catch downfield, but it took so long to get there, our Oline couldn't hold.  We had no one that really excelled in short yardage situations short of KB's slant.   Olsen was underutilized and became the #2 option instead of option 1.  The offense as a whole wasn't the issue.  I think with a RB that people fear(ie forunette, a better Oline. we can keep "most" of the offense.  The read option is just a part of it.  Also the threat of it, whether we use it or not is enough to keep people honest. 

I just have always hated drafting RB so early in the draft. Just look at last year's injuries LeVeon Bell, Jamal Charles, Chris Johnson, Starks and Lacy, AP, Dion Lewis, Matt Forte, Melvin gordan, Danny woodhead, Carlos Hyde.

I could go on but the point being using a high pick on a position so prone to injury and has a small backup behind them is tough. 

Archived