• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR John Ross: Ran A Laser-Timed 4.30

Saca312

His injury history is real. The red flags are there, and we'd be wise to heed them.

Taywan Taylor in a later round just may be the better value. Better yet, possibly, just acquire Kenny Stills in free agency. 

No disrespect to Ross, but his past injuries are a ticking time bomb.

Second round for sure. Not in the first. 

Edit: Do not want. He's injury prone. 

Torn meniscus in 2014

microfracture surgery in 2014

Torn meniscus and ACL in 2015

Post combine surgery is scheduled this year to fix a torn labrum.  

Hell no, no thanks. He's high risk with all that. I'd take him in the late rounds. Not in the first 4 though. 

12 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

Trading up into the first is way different from trading up in later rounds. IF he trades back into the first with our high 2nd and 3rd rounder I'm guessing , I would probably guess he picked a defensive player with pick 8 and want to get one of the premier offense players left like McCaffrey , Fournette (if he falls) , Howard, Corey Davis , John Ross, or one of the tackles (Ramcyzk , Robinson) .

12 hours ago, Lasus83 said:

Maybe...

I like the opposite scenario.

I have seen mocks with Barnett falling.

Would have to towel off if we could get Fournette at 1.8 and then land Barnett in the late 1st.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I like the idea of trading with, still, another scenario. We take Fournette at 8 and then grab whichever safety drops to the end of the first... that is unless we think one of the top 4 safeties will be there with our second pick.

15 hours ago, Lasus83 said:

All of this WR talk is well and good... but we need to take care of the real issue first...

Cam's reliance on a certianly 6 foot 5 wide out who can't get seperation.

The oline does not make a WR get any more or less seperation.

It's addition by subtraction with him.

I'd like to see trade value.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm not a fan of trading our top receiver (not counting Olsen, who is god-like). I would like to see him get better, but I think he can, especially if we start using him better. 90% of his routes should be run 7-10 yards, turn to box out the minuscule person trying to guard him, and let Cam tattoo him in the chest with the ball. Any YAC is just icing on the cake. If the "endzone is his playground", pretend every pass to him is in the redzone. Nothing fancy, just quick, short passes that keep moving the flags.

Edit: Keeping defenders out of Cam's face will help this, and should be our top priority. (broken record)

Archived