• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post combine dream draft

ncfan

1st: Fournette- this goes lives and dies by the power run game. The power run game carried those giants teams to the superbowl when gettleman was there, even with a stud QB in Eli. The idea of Fournette and Stewart combo pounding the rock already has teams squirming. There has been interviews of a buzz going around the combine of "what if Carolina gets Fournette"

2nd: Trade down and pick up atleast a mid 4th

Justin Evans- they compare him to Karl Joseph in last class just stuck in a talented saefty class. Evans is a vicious hitter.

3rd: Chris Godwin- this kid is shooting up boards about as fast as Ross ran the 40. Peaking at the right time ending his season with 189 yards and 2 TDs in the Rose Bowl vs USC. He came into the combine and lit it up. Running a 4.42, had one of the fastest shuttle times and one of the top bench pressers for all WRs. He also looked solid out runnjng routes and catching the ball.

Comp: Tanoh K- big athletic kid who is Very underrated. A year or 2 to groom andhe will be a monster

4th: Shaq Griffin- 6'0 corner with unreal measurements. Ran a 4.38 40. Not afraid of contact. Has a little polishing to do in other parts of his game, but heck so did Norman. Would be a perfect fit for our Zone Scheme.

4th via trade: George Kittle- exactly what were missing, a damn good blocker at TE. Remember how hyped peoplee were seeing Lee Wards highlights of him pancaking people. Go check out the little video on him. Thing is he also has the potential to become a great recieving threat. Good hands and concentration are there. Showed great measurables at the combine. 6'4 247 ran a 4.52 35 vert 132 broad(as comparison Njoku 6'4 246 ran a 4.64 and 37.5 vert 133 broad)

5th: Mack Hollins- tall fast WR and has been a special teams Warrior his whole career.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'd love this draft OP

BUTTTTTTT With the recent news happening I'm forseeing our draft going like this, disclaimer this is NOT what I want to happen, just what I'm predicting. 

1 Jonathan Allen

2 Samaje Perine 

3 Safety/CB from a school you've never heard of

11 hours ago, SOJA said:

I'd love this draft OP

BUTTTTTTT With the recent news happening I'm forseeing our draft going like this, disclaimer this is NOT what I want to happen, just what I'm predicting. 

1 Jonathan Allen

2 Samaje Perine 

This would make me barf - but I can definitely see Gettleman doing it.

I'm going to be rooting hard for Allen to get drafted before pick 8 on draft night. How many early picks are we going to spend on DTs? I know he's talented but we need to spread the wealth.

Personally, I'm thinking:

OJ Howard

C McCaffrey (trade into late first - Budda Baker if he's not there)

Taywan Taylor

3rd comp traded / S Perrine if not

Best edge rusher available

Then draft some o linemen 

Or

J Adams

C Godwin

Leggett

S Perrine

2 hours ago, uscgamecocks said:

This would make me barf - but I can definitely see Gettleman doing it.

I'm going to be rooting hard for Allen to get drafted before pick 8 on draft night. How many early picks are we going to spend on DTs? I know he's talented but we need to spread the wealth.

Personally, I'm thinking:

OJ Howard

C McCaffrey (trade into late first - Budda Baker if he's not there)

Taywan Taylor

3rd comp traded / S Perrine if not

Best edge rusher available

Then draft some o linemen

Now that the Eagles have stacked up at WR through FA McCaffrey could go as high as mid 1st . Great college and a great combine the only thing teams are knocking him for is power. Good idea though, if Shula could use him the right way somehow and we keep Stew or draft Perine as our Power runner .

Here's mine : Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 8: KD Cannon, WR, Baylor (C)
Round 7 Pick 15: Storm Norton, OT, Toledo (A-)

Option with picking DE 1st: Utilizing First-Pick 

Your score is: 13990 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 8: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A+)
Round 2 Pick 8: Obi Melifonwu, SS, Connecticut (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32: Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 8: Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas (A)
Round 6 Pick 8: DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville

Option 2: My personal Dream draft with 2 trades. 

*Trade down with Cleveland to 12 pick up their 2nd pick in the 2nd round. Utilize 2: 2nd round picks to move back in the 1st. 

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 1 Pick 28 (DAL): John Ross, WR, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CLE): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova (B+)

BTW I know this is not realistic but the title says DREAM DRAFT. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Came up with a new one assuming LF, Adams, and Thomas are gone at 8

Trade partner with Houston
Texans feel they are 1 piece away from being a legit superbowl contender. They have the weapons on offense, and strong top tier defense. Think the Romo thing falls through so will have a big hole at QB. The top QB on the board could be sitting at #8 or Mahomes who's stock is shooting up the board post season who also is a home grown texas boy that has that face of the franchise feel for offense.
That being said Houston throws picks to get that piece, Gettleman sits with open arms gathering more picks

Houston gives up #25, #57, #89, 2018 1st. Carolina gives up #8, #96

1st: Christian McCaffrey- think he still could fall here mainly due to size and talent in this draft. Just a ultimate weapon for the offense. Now the main back for the offense that we have in Stewart but the 3rd down RB, the guy who could lineup in the slot (our new WR coach was his RB coach), return guys (this has sucked for us the lst couple seasons)

2nd: Obi Melfonwu- not expecting to be the starter with signing probowl vet Adams. Obi has all the tools to groom into a good SS

2nd (via Houston): Chris Godwin- athletic playmaking WR.

2nd (via NE): Ahkello Witherspoon- always looking to improve. Worley wasnt bad but Witherspoon wouldve been a 1st rounder and ahead of Bradberry in last years draft. Stuck in a stacked class the talent could fall into the 3rd. Witherspoon has the height and length to be a star in this zone sceme.

3rd (#89): Tanoh Kpassagon- already have a pretty talented DE group, 2 9f them are old and possibly not going to be here next year. Tanoh big athletic kid with loads of potential can really learn and groom from the vets this year.

4th: Jordan Leggett- yes have seen his name mocked into the 4th. Again deep class causes studs to fall, deep TE pushes Leggett down.

5th: Sam Rogers- nice upgrade at FB after Tolbert felloff and was cut

6th: Connor Mcdermott- another Mike Rmmers for depth

7th: best kicker on the board

That would be

18 hours ago, ncfan said:

Came up with a new one assuming LF, Adams, and Thomas are gone at 8

Trade partner with Houston
Texans feel they are 1 piece away from being a legit superbowl contender. They have the weapons on offense, and strong top tier defense. Think the Romo thing falls through so will have a big hole at QB. The top QB on the board could be sitting at #8 or Mahomes who's stock is shooting up the board post season who also is a home grown texas boy that has that face of the franchise feel for offense.
That being said Houston throws picks to get that piece, Gettleman sits with open arms gathering more picks

Houston gives up #25, #57, #89, 2018 1st. Carolina gives up #8, #96

1st: Christian McCaffrey- think he still could fall here mainly due to size and talent in this draft. Just a ultimate weapon for the offense. Now the main back for the offense that we have in Stewart but the 3rd down RB, the guy who could lineup in the slot (our new WR coach was his RB coach), return guys (this has sucked for us the lst couple seasons)

Good lord that would be criminal to trade out of 8 for such a low round pick. I doubt McCaffrey falls that far and we could be stuck with essentially round 2 talent that far down. I really believe that the Panthers should not be trading down with a team that is beyond pick 20. Can't waste your high pick like that . Ideally if we do a trade down it would be with the Browns, Bills, Eagles, or Colts. We could get a lot of picks from the Colts or Eagles if we decide not to get Fournette or Cook and I believe both teams want a RB bad. Trading down with the browns we only move down 4 picks and we pick up possibly their R2P1 if they're trying to get what I'd assume would be one of the QBs that fell. 

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think anyone is projecting reuban foster to go in the top 7. If he's there, we should definitely consider him. Whats better than having 1 keuchly? 2 keuchlys! And plus thomas davis is near the end of his career. Once he leaves, its gnna be harder for kuechly cuz he'll need to carry the load. Having a young stud to groom would really help. Plus if soloman thomas or the top 3 dbs are off the board, theres no reason to go elsewhere. Mccaffery, cook, barnett, are not better than foster. If foster had his character in control, he would be going top 5. Dont deny the talent

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

On 3/9/2017 at 10:02 AM, SOJA said:

I'd love this draft OP

1 Jonathan Allen

2 Samaje Perine 

So worst case scenario is what you're saying?

i know I'm a little late to this thread, heh

1st: Trade! We trade #8 and our 5th to the Browns for #12, #52, and a 2018 3rd.

Browns have been hoarding picks and have that the ability to easily trade up and still sit comfy. Browns made this exact same trade last year moving down to 15. Now the point value of moving to 12 vs 15 is still about the same when you look at the position they are trying to grab. QB vs Tenn trading up for a OL. Browns come out with Garett+Trubisky (the 2 they are talking about at #1) and still have the 33rd and 65th pick

#12 OJ Howard- Yes he falls. 2 QBs go top 10 and. Howard and CM are there at 8 so Gettleman is more co,fortable for the trade knowing 1 will be there at 12. No team between 8-12 have big needs for a TE (besides the Bills but QB needs outweigh that). Olsen Howard combo is a good start to helping this OL get back on track

#40 Obi Melfowu- luckily another guy we like falls in our lap. Freak big athlete to combat freak WRa Julio and up and comer Evans. With Vet Adams who is coming off 2 consecutive probowls signed, this raw kid has a good chance to be polished into a diamond

#52 Chris Godwin- may have to use that 3rd from next year to move up a few spots to get him. But this is the dream scenario so he falls to 52. Big Fast. Very well couldve been the top WR in next years draft but came out early. Peaking at the right time co,ing off a Great rosebowl vs USC he put on a show at the combine. He has really caught the attention of scouts.

#64 Teez Tabor- a few off the field stuff (like fight with teamate) and poor 40 times in addition to one of the best looking CB classes to come out in a while. Causes him to drop. Very close clone of Norman. Long chippy ball hawk with great instincts. Firecracker. Love Bradberry and Worley but need that spark plug in the backfield to keep these guy going.

3rd Tanoh Kpassagon- dont see a Huge need for DE for this year. Resigned Addsion coming off 2 solid season. Horton is a solid roatational guy and great in run support. Pep and CJ are up there but still have talent. And when those vets are hungry wanting a ring and have legit sights on getting it, they take it up a notch. Tanoh is a raw freak DE from a small school. Playing in that vet group, this will be a learning year but will still get a little pt to get his feet wet.

4th Carlos Henderson- yes he falls here. Deep draft and a bunch of solid smaller quick slot type WRs help push him down. Gettleman doubles up on WR after being absolutley embarrassed by the group last year. He didnt even attempt to resign Ginn and Philly. With Godwin already drafted, he wont be in competition for #1-2 WRs but more or less slot and Return duties

5th TJ Logan- looked at APY RB in the 1st. Logan and very gofted athlete and under rated kid sits right there. Logan is a very good 3rd down option and pushes Fozzy out the door. Logan has some of the best hand of Rbs in the class as you can see with his one handed catch highlight.

7th bpa

8 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

So worst case scenario is what you're saying?

i know I'm a little late to this thread, heh

yea that was- at the time the worst case scenario I could see- I kind of like Perine but I don't want to draft him any earlier than our comp pick in the third 

Allen I really am not a huge fan of, but if we draft him oh well.

Archived