• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Have Tendered Andrew Norwell, Tyler Larsen and Michael Palardy

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, Hammerin'Cameron1 said:

Wait so does this mean Norwell can be plucked by another team if that team wants to give up a 2nd rounder ? Would it be a 2nd rounder this draft ? I don't want a 2nd rounder for Norwell, rather have Norwell

We'd have the right to match.

If we didn't, we get a second rounder.

2 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

I will feel better with norwell signed long term

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Looking at $10-12M/year each for him and Turner with the way the OG market is shaping up right now. Guys like Ronald Leary and Larry Warford are in the $8-10M range and they are simply average.

We should remember that the success of Zeke Elliott and Dak Prescott last year was greatly in part to Dallas building a first class offensive line and not cheaping out on it.

Norwell shouldn't even be a question and you could just about argue that he should have gotten the tag instead of KK.

Tyler is another strong candidate for making a push to keep him. Ryan Kalil is a stalwart Panther and a pro-bowler, but he is getting long in the tooth and the injuries mount up the farther along he gets. Having his understudy be just about as good as he is is a major bonus to the team.

Palardy did well for us and might be a good low cost punter with a good upside.

2 minutes ago, Bronn said:

I'd take a 2nd rounder for Norwell. We could easily get a replacement, and likely a better player, with that pick. And he'd be cheaper.

Bronnnnn.... If the last year has taught us anything its that you don't mess with your interior line chemistry, especially for 2nd round picks in a poor OL draft.

Just now, brandon_87 said:

Palardy tho? What's that say about Lee? Another wasted pick we lost from trade? Don't get me wrong, but Lee is legit, I personally wasn't too thrilled about Palardy, kinda curious why he got a tender 

He's an exclusive rights player and they always take two punters to camp.

Basically, why not?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's an exclusive rights player and they always take two punters to camp.

Basically, why not?

Also, they could fear that Lee might not be back, and we have history with Palardy at this point. Could make cutting Lee more of an option depending on his healing. Why worry about your punting situation when you have bigger issues?

Archived