• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson vs Mike Rucker

NJPanthers12

Early on when Charles Johnson signed his contract, he got the label of being a greedy player who only cares about money. He earned the nick name Big Money. He was also involved in a twitter war with Marc James, who accused him of only caring about the money.

He has continued to be a consistent leader for this team. He has now turned down bigger offers twice to stay in Charlotte. How would you rank him in Panthers history?

I took Mike Rucker, who in my opinion would be a lock for enshrinement if there was a Panthers HOF. Mike Rucker played in 139 games and produced 55.5 sacks and 15 forced fumbles. CJ in 131 games has produced 67.5 sacks and 17 forced fumbles. I was surprised to see him that far ahead in sacks in less games played.

Now that he is all but guaranteed to retire in Carolina, do you hold him in higher regards than Ruck?

Rucker and CJ were both very good second fiddle type players. You pair them with elite talent and they are above average enough to look great, but when they are asked to be "the guy" they struggle. I would like to see both guys get some sort of official team recognition at some point (team hall of fame, ring of honor etc) because they were(are in CJ's case) great guys for the franchise.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived