• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Sidney Jones Hurt At Pro Day

OldNorthPowell

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Doubt it. This isn't the same kind of career crusher an ACL type injury is. He can make a strong recovery in 9 months 

this is incorrect. With modern surgery ACL injuries are (relatively) easy to overcome. Achilles, however, are tricky beasts. When your position relies so much on speed and quickness, Achilles can be devastating. 

Look at Charles Godfrey that guy was done after his ruptured. Albeit a different sport, Kobe was never the same either. 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just awful. Devastating injury. Hope he had insurance. He might go undrafted after this.

doubtful he goes UDFA, someone will take him in the 3rd/4th just because of how good he can be when healthy

1 minute ago, hsfolk said:

doubtful he goes UDFA, someone will take him in the 3rd/4th just because of how good he can be when healthy

That Oregon CB in 2015 went from potential 1st rounder to 7th rounder after wrecking his knee. I don't think anyone is spending a mid-round pick on a guy who's going to miss his entire rookie season and may never be anywhere close to the same. Unfortunately, he may never play a down in the NFL.

UDFA or potential late round flier pick.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That Oregon CB in 2015 went from potential 1st rounder to 7th rounder after wrecking his knee. I don't think anyone is spending a mid-round pick on a guy who's going to miss his entire rookie season and may never be anywhere close to the same. Unfortunately, he may never play a down in the NFL.

UDFA or potential late round flier pick.

which sucks, Jones was one of my favorite prospects in this class

19 minutes ago, SOJA said:

this is incorrect. With modern surgery ACL injuries are (relatively) easy to overcome. Achilles, however, are tricky beasts. When your position relies so much on speed and quickness, Achilles can be devastating. 

Look at Charles Godfrey that guy was done after his ruptured. Albeit a different sport, Kobe was never the same either. 

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it's a full Achilles rupture, that's way worse than an ACL.

You guys make it sound much worse than it actually is. Honestly. The truth is you take a big hit to your vertical but it recovers strong and you can typically retain most of your speed.

Terrell Suggs, Leon Hall, Takeo Spikes, Greg Ellis, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Stokley, Derrick Burgess and Julian Peterson all returned from a ruptured achillies and many of them posted better stats post surgery than they had before the injury occurred. Obviously it isn't ideal, but it isnt a career ending injury in football like it tends to be in the NBA. If he is a first round talent, there is no reason you shouldn't risk a 3rd rounder on him because of this.

11 minutes ago, KalElofKrypton said:

Go see what happened to Ray Lewis and Dan Morgan after a Achilles tear.

And likewise go see what happened to Terrell Suggs, Leon Hall, Takeo Spikes, Greg Ellis, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Stokley, Derrick Burgess and Julian Peterson. Many of those guts actually performed better after the injury in their careers than before. It's not like its ideal to have that injury but if he is a top 15-20 talent then there is absolutely no reason he wouldn't be worth a risk in the 3rd round based on this injury alone.

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

You guys make it sound much worse than it actually is. Honestly. The truth is you take a big hit to your vertical but it recovers strong and you can typically retain most of your speed.

Terrell Suggs, Leon Hall, Takeo Spikes, Greg Ellis, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Stokley, Derrick Burgess and Julian Peterson all returned from a ruptured achillies and many of them posted better stats post surgery than they had before the injury occurred. Obviously it isn't ideal, but it isnt a career ending injury in football like it tends to be in the NBA. If he is a first round talent, there is no reason you shouldn't risk a 3rd rounder on him because of this.

Oh don't get my post wrong- it is certainly *possible* to come back from an Achilles tear. What I was saying trying to say was that an ACL tear has a better recovery time. 

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Oh don't get my post wrong- it is certainly *possible* to come back from an Achilles tear. What I was saying trying to say was that an ACL tear has a better recovery time. 

That may be so. I just understand it to be more likely to tear it again than an Achilles. 

But I'm just trying to be positive for the kid haha. And if he was there at our comp pick I would hope like hell we would take him there 

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That may be so. I just understand it to be more likely to tear it again than an Achilles. 

But I'm just trying to be positive for the kid haha. And if he was there at our comp pick I would hope like hell we would take him there 

same, wish the best for him as well and wouldn't mind us taking a flyer on him

Archived