• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ed Dickson

WarHeel

A lot of players like Dickson will have a good chance of getting cut after the draft. You hold on to players like him and see if you can upgrade through the draft or through other teams' cuts first. 

4 hours ago, WarHeel said:

If you are equating Ed Dickson to some sort of savior to our roster, God bless you. He's overrated and overpaid.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He's not. He's saying we need a decent TE. Can't cut him until we get one  

Cutting him now with no plan in place is dumb. After the draft? Heck yeah, if we get a good one. After the 3rd wave of FA signings? Heck yeah, if we sign a Luke Willson type. 

1 hour ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Cook is visiting Seattle. Awesome 

We're not interested in Cook, he's a feast or famine player that would cost too much for Gettleman' taste. We looked at him last year but Packers gave him $3.5 for 1 year. He's probably looking for twice that amount this year. If Gman didn't give him $3.5 last year why would he give him $5-6 million this year?

The reason we haven't cut Dickson is that it would create another whole (backup TE) on our roster. Gettleman wont cut him until/if he knows he can bring in a replacement.

Btw, players like Mychel Rivera or Seattle's Luke Willson could be options. But I'm not sure how much of an upgrade they would be over Ed.

No, I'm telling you how shortsighted you are. Piss off.

He's a waste of a roster spot and there are guys that can do a better job for less money. Maybe a couple on the roster already. Nothing short sighted about seeing how scary our WR position is. You saw how pathetic it was last year. It just became thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived