• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey Davis vs John Ross who's the better fit?

panther4life

Better receiver for the panthers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• John Ross
    • Corey Davis

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I surely think there's a higher likelihood that he becomes a Panther than either Davis or Ross. I wouldn't be mad, though I think that he's gonna have stiff competition in the second. 

He is going to be a star--great routes, speed, hands, intelligence, confidence--not many boxes left to check,.

1 hour ago, csx said:

Based on useless highlight analysis. Davis and it's not close. He looks special (in his highlights)

Here's 12 Full games,including 8 from 2016.Each game is condensed down to minutes. I've watched every game from 2016. He's legit.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/corey-davis-vs-central-michigan-2016/

He would instantly be a huge deep threat for us. Every scouting report says he's the best route runner by far. Combining that with his good speed and he finds ways to get open. Even when he's contested he wins almost every time, kind of similar to Benjamins ability there. His yards after the catch ability is pretty damn good too, granted people will love to point to level of competition. However it's not hard to see those skills translating just fine if he played in the SEC.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:16 PM, top dawg said:

You are acting like the main consideration is to replace Ginn, who of course is known for his speed. That being said, John Ross is the better fit if all you're looking for is speed. The thing is, Corey Davis may be the more prototypical receiver and many believe he has WR1 upside. And, like I've said before, I mean a true WR1 in terms of the whole of the NFL. Now if that is anywhere near true, then Davis will fit anywhere.

As much as I like the thought of Ross, I just don't care to watch him every snap, thinking that if he gets hit, or makes the wrong cut it's gonna end his season. He pulled up lame after his 40. I just can't get over that. All that being said, if we make a move to acquire him, I'll be excited. But I'd still hate to see Davis become a top 10 receiver in the league, knowing that we passed on him.

You make the assumption that he will be caught. 

Archived