• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey Davis vs John Ross who's the better fit?

panther4life

Better receiver for the panthers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• John Ross
    • Corey Davis

Ginn Jr. is quite under appreciated on this board for some reason. Filling his shoes is the biggest void remaining this offseason. I'm sorry but not sold that CJ2 or Shepard have this ability. 

2 Best draft candidates here are. Davis and Ross.

Davis is 6'3 210. 

Ross is 5'11 190

Here's a reminder of what we got from Ginn the last 2 seasons. 

Ross Highlights:

Davis Highlights: 

You are acting like the main consideration is to replace Ginn, who of course is known for his speed. That being said, John Ross is the better fit if all you're looking for is speed. The thing is, Corey Davis may be the more prototypical receiver and many believe he has WR1 upside. And, like I've said before, I mean a true WR1 in terms of the whole of the NFL. Now if that is anywhere near true, then Davis will fit anywhere.

As much as I like the thought of Ross, I just don't care to watch him every snap, thinking that if he gets hit, or makes the wrong cut it's gonna end his season. He pulled up lame after his 40. I just can't get over that. All that being said, if we make a move to acquire him, I'll be excited. But I'd still hate to see Davis become a top 10 receiver in the league, knowing that we passed on him.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You are acting like the main consideration is to replace Ginn, who of course is known for his speed. That being said, John Ross is the better fit if all you're looking for is speed. The thing is, Corey Davis may be the more prototypical receiver and many believe he has WR1 upside. And, like I've said before, I mean a true WR1 in terms of the whole of the NFL. Now if that is anywhere near true, then Davis will fit anywhere.

As much as I like the thought of Ross, I just don't care to watch him every snap, thinking that if he gets hit, or makes the wrong cut it's gonna end his season. He pulled up lame after his 40. I just can't get over that. All that being said, if we make a move to acquire him, I'll be excited. But I'd still hate to see Davis become a top 10 receiver in the league, knowing that we passed on him.

I'm looking for the total package. I've been on the Davis bandwagon all offseason. So we are on the same page

He's a top 3 for me. Fournette, Davis, Adams are who I like at 8.

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Corey Davis has replaced Derek Anderson as the most overhyped player on this board. 

He's the best WR in a class full of WR2s. Only guy with WR1 ceiling imo. Even better than Mike Williams as far as potential in the NFL.

Archived