• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ2 every 2016 target (video).

panther4life

39 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Was u trying to show how bad Bradford and Hill where and let Panthers fans still think how did we get beat by them last year? I seen him drop 2 maybe 3 passes. The rest where under thrown or over thrown. No way u can blame him for all those bad passes. You must be one of those bash Gettleman for everything. Why don't u put a video of all those passes Ginn dropped that would have been tds. Cam has a way better arm and if u put someone with hands there to catch those, it would have been more tds and the offense would have looked a little better. Ginn never made the catches when they matter only when we where getting killed. Ginn sucks and saints will see why.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I try my best to not have little internet arguments but this ignorant ass post, has killed my will power and I have to explain how wrong you are here.

Well why the fug was Ginn here in the first place? Because Gettleman signed him back, after seeing what happened without him. So if you have beef with Ginn's abilities then you have Beef with Gettleman for signing him and making him our 2nd best wide receiver over the past 4 years! He was not a Hurney left over, so you cant blame the ghost of Hurney on that one. 

Ginn dropping passes is irrelevant to this guys inability to create separation, keep his balance or make the contested catches(since he cant create separation).  If Ginn was still on the team, I would change nothing about this thread. Because its not about Ginn, its about Charles Johnson the receiver sucking.

Yes I do criticize Gettleman when he deserves it. Pretty much everything I have ever criticized him on, he has at some point admitted the mistakes himself.  I also give Gettleman credit for making good moves as well. I have been very complimentary on his offseason moves as a whole so far this year. 

This isn't the thread for you. Surely someone will create a cirlcejerk pie thread called Gettleman is the goat and anyone who says otherwise, clearly does see the reason we have regressed after winning season's is because of everyone but him. 

It's not his fault the coaches or players suck sometimes. I mean damn he's just GM folks! It's not like he has control over things like the coaching staff or the rosters (unless we are doing good, then of course its soley because of him).

15 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You're comparing CJ to Diggs?  Is this for real?  That's like comparing KB to Sunshine.  

Ok so there you have it. CJ is the new Brenton Bersin! Let's all rejoice.

Of course thats not what I was doing, I was simply stating that its lazy and being a blind homer to suggest that this guy is going to be anything more than Philly Brown was for us and even then I have my doubts he can reach that level.

9 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Dude, you're not a scout. You're a huddler. Ginn was a mega bust when he came here. He left with career highs. If this guy can benefit from having a deep route then so be it. He's not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald but he's better than having nothing.

None of my post suggest I think I am a scout. I am a fan, who post on an internet forum, for good discussion. I'm hoping for the best as I always do, however I as I said in the OP, after watching his every target I don't see much room for optimism and in my non scout, purely huddler opinion I don't see him being any better than Ginn or Brown. 

Apparently the real scouts agree on the Ginn part. Look at his contract vs Johnson's.

11 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Of course thats not what I was doing, I was simply stating that its lazy and being a blind homer to suggest that this guy is going to be anything more than Philly Brown was for us and even then I have my doubts he can reach that level.

You're a dense MoFo aren't you?

Just now, Ivan The Awesome said:

You're a dense MoFo aren't you?

Not at all. You attacked me for a perceived dig at Gettleman. 

I used your own reference point to counter your doucheness. Do you think Diggs is as good as KB? Your post implied that the gap in talent from Diggs to CJ is the same gap in talent from KB to Bersin. I wouldn't go that far, but its actually a fairly close assessment. 

I did not come on here to pick a e fight with anyone. You came at me wrong and I responded because I had the free time. Let's drop it and move on to the next thread like adults, if you want to be mature.

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Then don't pretend to be one just because you posted a highlight video. Highlight videos don't tell the entire story. Now, I'm not saying CJ2 is gonna catch 10 TDs but The Vikings sucked at the vertical game because Bradford can't throw a ball longer than 25 yards (or at least accurately), and Bridgewater was no different. 

CJ2 had several opportunities that were botched because Bradford threw the ball either 10 yards off the mark or it'd be severely underthrown. CJ2 most certainly did get separation, especially down the field. That's what we're looking for.

Ginn getting a payday means nothing. He did that a couple years ago when he joined The Cardinals and lost his job to two rookies. He was #4 on the depth chart. He's doing the same with New Orleans (one last big paycheck).

It was not a highight video bud. Its a cut up of his every target. I found no such video of Digg's, however inside that highlight video of Diggs where you see him run the same routes and create separation that I don't see CJ doing. 

I have 0 problem with disagreeing and moving on. So can we just agree to disagree? My thoughts are that there are more things at play than the lack of a strong armed QB preventing Digg's from being a clear cut upgrade to Ginn or even Brown.

Nothing more, nothing less. If you choose to read more into it and get all offended that this might be a possible criticism of Gettleman, then thats your fault. 

I think only 3 WR's are guaranteed to make the roster at this point:

1) KB

2) Funchess

3) Shepard

I think we will draft a WR that will make the roster for a 4th

That leaves Byrd, Johnson, and Bersin for the 5th/6th spots.  Can't completely rule out signing someone else later like Cruz, although I doubt it at this point.

How good our WR corp is going to be IMO depends on how KB & Funchess respond to lat year's disappointment for both of them, how much Shepard can build on last year and be a viable receiver and not just special teams, and if Byrd/Johnson can contribute.

A rookie WR is a wild card, but I won't even attempt to know how that will work out

I am excited to see what Byrd can do as a returner.  We got nothing from Ginn the last couple of years as a returner.  

Do you have a video analysis of Ginn's production as a WR pre- Panthers? I'm seriously doubting it's any better than CJ's. I'm not saying that CJ will be as productive as Ginn was here, but you never really  know what a  change of scenery and philosophy can do for a football player until it happens.

Ur dumb as hell Philly Brown sucked. I'm glad ur not a damn scout for our team. I bet u would trade Cam for Bradford. Ur a dumbass with a dumbass thread!!!!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Do you have a video analysis of Ginn's production as a WR pre- Panthers? I'm seriously doubting it's any better than CJ's.

No, its not needed. Common knowledge that he was a bust before reviving his career with us. Again, off the limited access I have to stuff, I found this video, wasn't impressed and shared it with the huddle to see if I was missing something. Saca's response to the thread was what I was looking for, more opinions. Instead I got mostly attacked because people are sensitive to anything that be can perceived as a dig against Gettleman (Probably because I have been vocal in the past regarding moves he made that I disagreed with). This however was not a dig a Gettleman, more so, just a I hope he isn't resting on his laurels and expecting this guy to be more than anything other than a 4th receiver.

52 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Dude, you're not a scout. You're a huddler. Ginn was a mega bust when he came here. He left with career highs. If this guy can benefit from having a deep route then so be it. He's not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald but he's better than having nothing.

Bashes the OP for posting a video and giving his 2 cents on it (which is the purpose of this message board). 

However, in the realistic mock draft thread, he posts this...

On 2017-03-31 at 7:18 PM, Promethean Forerunner said:

NFL.com changed its comparison from Greg Olsen to Julius Thomas. After watching more from Howard, the guy is soft and only possesses straight line speed. He has limited agility, can't jump and shys away from contact. 

To me, Howard isn't a guy worthy of the 8th spot. 

On 2017-03-31 at 6:56 PM, Promethean Forerunner said:

Howard just doesn't belong in this conversation. He's had crazy hype to help propel him to even be discussed in the Top 10. Howard isn't aggressive and can be soft in the receiving game. For a guy who is 6-6 251 lbs, he should play to his size... spoiler alert: he doesn't. I don't want a Jimmy Graham clone.

You are seriously a f*cking retard.

Archived