• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Meeting With UCLA DE Takk McKinley

bobsfoodbasics

Everette Brown pt II?  That's the fear. But he has a damn top notch motor and good long arms that should help him not get swallowed up by tackles like EB. We have vets that can really help this guy grow potentially. @40 I could see it as a dedicated pass rusher early on.

He reminds me of Bruce Irvin. People were expecting him to be a late 1st round pick or even 2nd round pick if I remember correctly and just a OLB in a 3-4 defense. Then Seattle drafts him super early and they play 4-3. He could be successful in a 4-3 at the beginning as a situational pass rusher but I don't see him dropping to the 2nd so I am unsure how he fits with us but like most players in this draft would love to have him in the 2nd!

Just watched some tape of his on draft breakdown. I looked up his measurements as well. He's 6 2 so while that's not ideal his arm and hand size make up for that. He's weighing in at 250- if he can just add ten pounds of muscle (doable imo) I think he could have the size to be a 4-3 end

What I liked: his motor and length. Actually tried to bull rush a lot of tackles- while that's ambitious, I think a swim move given his length might actually be a better go to move for him - can that be learned? Certainly. Will it? no one knows. 

What I didn't like: He could stood up by some bigger tackles in the Pac-12 I had flashbacks to Everrette Brown. 

Analysis: Would not trade up for him but if he's there at 40 you have to consider him. If he's there at 64 I'd be worried because he fell that far but I'd take him in a heartbeat and pray CJ can help him refine his game. 

I do think he'd be better suited for a 3-4 but if the kid wants to put in the work in the weight room he can easily have the ideal weight for a 4-3. Would not be surprised at all if he's our second pick. 

Forgot to add: Him being a Panthers fan certainly does NOT hurt, but this guy is definitely a project with huge potential. Will his fandom propel him to go that extra mile? IDK maybe?

Archived