• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"McCaffery at 8 would be a reach and waste of a pick."

Rags

20 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I mean, with Shula's track record, I don't have to.  Cam's had one really great season under Shula, and after that season he regressed inexplicably, and he still hasn't fixed Cam's issues throwing.  Plus, he never utilizes dump down passes which are McCaffrey's bread and butter.  

Shula has failed pretty much every place he's been including Alabama.  Do you know how hard it is to fail at Alabama?  It's inexplicably difficult to fail at Alabama.  And he did that.  

It's not hating when there's actual facts to back up my thoughts.  Shula would find a way to f uck this up, as he's done before.  Cam should be a top 5 QB in the NFL right now, and mostly because of Shula in everyone's opinion he isn't.  Simple as that.  

I second this. Alabama fans down here hate/hated Shula and are glad that he is gone, for good reason.

40 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I'll always go to this argument for him: name me another prospect like McCaffrey that plays RB, return man, and slot receiver at an elite level like he does?

We could get what Fournette does for this offense in Perine or Conner later in the draft. McCaffrey is a unique case.

Fournette is a more complete back than either Perine or Connor. You project so much when it comes to your pet players, but conveniently downplay the most talented guys in this draft. Neither Conner or Perine are as good as Fournette. Fournette is a more complete back than you want to give him credit for. And he has another gear as proven by the NFL's Next Gen statistics. 

Perine wasn't even the best back at his school. Like I said before, he has been likened to Michael Turner without the burner. He is a glorified Artis-Payne. He is all power.

I mean, with Shula's track record, I don't have to.  Cam's had one really great season under Shula, and after that season he regressed inexplicably, and he still hasn't fixed Cam's issues throwing.  Plus, he never utilizes dump down passes which are McCaffrey's bread and butter.  
Shula has failed pretty much every place he's been including Alabama.  Do you know how hard it is to fail at Alabama?  It's inexplicably difficult to fail at Alabama.  And he did that.  
It's not hating when there's actual facts to back up my thoughts.  Shula would find a way to f uck this up, as he's done before.  Cam should be a top 5 QB in the NFL right now, and mostly because of Shula in everyone's opinion he isn't.  Simple as that.  

Just a couple things I disagree with in this post, I believe it's the qb coach job to work on cams mechanics and review with cam coverages and missed receivers, since Shula is mostly calling plays in the skybox(if I'm correct) Dorsey should get the blame for this

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

10 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I gotcha, I just don't trust Shula to do anything properly.  So, I don't think so man.  

By that logic, let's just draft ALL DEFENSE!

Seriously tho, no matter how much evolution our offense experiences, 90% of what we do will still be in Shotgun formation and who in college is the most proven RB out of the Shot gun?

Not a waste of a pick, but drafting him over guys like Thomas, lattimore, Adams, and maybe even fournette isn't logical. Trade down would be the best scenario imo, offer our 1st and late 2nd for Cleveland's 12th and 2nd rounder?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If u trade down u don't get him. Someone will take him and I heard saints would at 11. Imagine him on that offense. Everyone in our division has gotten better. We need something different on offense. If u like him take him at 8

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived