• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Of These Players Will Be The Pick At 8 - Who Do You Want?

bobsfoodbasics

One Of These Players Will Be The Pick At 8 - Who Do You Want?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Take At 8?

• Jamal Adams - S - LSU
    • Derek Barnett - DE - Tennessee
    • Garett Bolles - OT - Utah
    • Leonard Fournette - RB - LSU
    • O.J. Howard - TE - Alabama
    • Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford
    • Solomon Thomas - DE - Stanford

2 hours ago, panther4life said:

Spare me the Adams won't make it talk. 

In the 36 published mock drafts by various analysts (NFL, CBS, Fox, SI, Rotoworld etc etc etc)  I looked at from the past 3 weeks, Adams was off the board before #8 81% of the time.  Chicago,  Tenn, Jets...

Pick #1 = 0 mocks

Pick #2  = 2 mocks

Pick #3 = 5 mocks

Pick #4  = 1 mock

Pick #5 = 8 mocks

Pick #6 = 8 mocks

Pick #7 = 5 mocks

You've got to think that even if safety is not a team's primary need, the chance of a team picking him if he falls out of the top 5 is very high.  Tons of talent

Hooker was also a very popular pick.  Most often picked positions in 1 - 8 in these 36 mocks were DE, S, CB, RB.

so i'm not too big on college and I honestly never watch any games unless it's the national championship, but I just saw highlights of Jamal Adams for the first time and oh my fuc.king god the dude is an absolute monster. 

I change everything I've said about Fournette, Solomon, and OJ. Please trade up to 3 and snatch this guy. He's a once in a lifetime type player! 

Just now, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

so i'm not too big on college and I honestly never watch any games unless it's the national championship, but I just saw highlights of Jamal Adams for the first time and oh my fuc.king god the dude is an absolute monster. 

I change everything I've said about Fournette, Solomon, and OJ. Please trade up to 3 and snatch this guy. He's a once in a lifetime type player! 

Lol yeah that dude is a monster

39 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

so i'm not too big on college and I honestly never watch any games unless it's the national championship, but I just saw highlights of every draftable player for the first time and oh my fuc.king god the dude is an absolute monster. 

Fixed it a bit for you...haha.

But I agree, he is my favorite player in the draft....followed by CmC.

3 hours ago, panther4life said:

1. Solomon Thomas 10% chance he falls to 8

2. Fournette  50% chance he falls to 8

3. Corey Davis 75% chance he falls to 8

4. Jamal Adams 75% he chance he falls to 8

5. Marshon Lattimore 50 % chance he falls to 8

I firmly believe one of those 5 will be there when we pick.

Spare me the Adams won't make it talk. 

Go find me a safety thats went top 3 in history. 

At 4 Jags already have Church (just signed for 4 years, 26 million)

At 5 Titans already have Cyprien (just signed for 4 years, 25 million)

At 6 Jets have Calvin Prior (drafted 18th in 2014). Not to mention if any team goes QB in top 7 they are the most logical choice.

At 7 Chargers already have Addae (Just signed a 4 year 22.5 Million extension). 

Good points about Safety overall but I think the Bears may buck the trend. 

To your point, you'd have to go back to 1991 for a Safety in the top 3 but it wasn't that uncommon up to that point.  Also, considering the draft classes, Eric Berry and Sean Taylor both went at 5 in their respective classes but those classes were top heavy with QB's, OT's & DT's.  Don't think this class compares talent wise at the top with either of those classes:

E. Manning    QB

R. Gallery      OT

L. Fitzgerald  WR

P. Rivers       QB

S. Taylor       S

S. Bradford

N. Suh

G. McCoy

T. Williams

E. Berry

Archived