• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-4 college outside backers who can translate to 4-3 DE's

panther4life

Gettleman made mention of that, when asked about the dropoff after Garrett and Thomas. I've never even considered a 3-4 backer at 8 but the PC makes me think its possible and if not there, certainly at any point in the draft.

Any names you guys think would be good fits?  I've got time to kill and would like to check out any names you guys can think of on draftbreakdown.com

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Same

Same, same.

A lot of scouts don't like him though. They say he's a straight line speed guy with very little bend and won't be able to simply run around NFL tackles like he did in college. I don't know myself as I haven't looked into him.

4 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Charles Harris and TJ Watt are two others I think fit the bill.

TJ Watt pops out even when you aren't watching him specifically. I love using draftbreakdown.com to get up to speed since, I don't watch college outside of bowl games and elite teams matched up in the regular season. Anyway I can't remember the specific prospects I was watching (obviously offensive guys going against Wisconsin's D). That kid is a freaking a player and would not be mad at all if we took him at some point after 8. 

Just now, panther4life said:

TJ Watt pops out even when you aren't watching him specifically. I love using draftbreakdown.com to get up to speed since, I don't watch college outside of bowl games and elite teams matched up in the regular season. Anyway I can't remember the specific prospects I was watching (obviously offensive guys going against Wisconsin's D). That kid is a freaking a player and would not be mad at all if we took him at some point after 8. 

I agree. I think that Watt would be an excellent DE in a 4-3. 

Draftbreakdown is awesome. I use it every draft season. 

5 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I agree. I think that Watt would be an excellent DE in a 4-3. 

Draftbreakdown is awesome. I use it every draft season. 

Agreed. Its amazing. I still like having the media experts point me in the right direction and help me narrow the list of who I should look at it, but I prefer my own eyes over the scouting reports. Seems many of these guys try to cram to many players too late and make false projection's because they want to go on record on 100+ prospects. 

Also want to add, another thing I found very cool for fans of draft breakdown.com 

If you click to watch the videos on youtube vs through draft breakdown.com you can copy and paste the youtube link into gif.com. From there you can create as many gifs as you want. I've got some really good gif's on Corey Davis I've made doing that and I am far from technically savvy on the internet.

Archived