• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wonder Woman

Moorgan

On 6/5/2017 at 8:04 PM, callofthewild said:

Definitely not as amazing as it is being hyped to be.

Typical DC movie making-- characters are underdeveloped, CGI is turned up on high.

I would have loved to know more...and care more...about Chris Pine's character and his squad.  Also thought there was potential to develop Dr Poison that was missed.  And give her a better name than freaking Dr Poison.

Lots of convenient moments that make for poor storytelling.  Right after she discovers her power for the first time, she sees a plane falling from the sky.  One heroic moment and they made it all the was through WW1 front lines to their goal.  

And of course, the climax is just a CGI marathon of boring and predictable.

It wasn't all bad.  I thought Gadot was a great WW and loved the message and tone behind it all.  Just PLEASE get Snyder as far away from those movies as possible, and give us some characters and storytelling that, even though they are superheroes, feel real and authentic.

for the record I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but you contributed to the conversation in a meaningful and non hostile way. it's posts like these that make message boards fun to visit. 

I personally really liked the movie and thought they did a great job of having a central theme and sticking to it. 

Saw it tonight and enjoyed... Great plot and story telling here... far, far superior to BvS...

CGI was sketchy at times but didn't detract from overall movie.

Gal Gadot is utterly gorgeous, I think I'm in love.  I eas skeptical of her as the choice for WW but she nailed it.

Pine also did a good job in this and it had a nice mix of sidekicks too.  Hard not to compare this to the original Capt America. DC is so far behind Marvel most of their stuff seems like a cheap copy but this was good.

Decent allegory about the loss of innocence and its partial reclamation.  I'd put it on par with Batman Begins as a few of the scenes were too on the nose.  Overall, it was definitely among the better efforts in the DC universe.

On a side note, I did find myself wanting to know more about Dr. Maru.  Robin Wright's performance may have been the best in the film as there were some very strong performances put in by Gadot, Pine and Taghmaoui.  As usual Huston knocked his out of the park with his usual flair, but it was still too one note like most of the characters he is thrust into.

Either way, a solid start with a lot of potential to go either way.  Hopefully, this will get the Nolan-caliber treatment for the franchise.

• 3 weeks later...

definitely the best new movie I've seen this year, the other was CHiPs...

@Darth Biscuit yeah, I kept thinking how similar this was to CA. I guess nothing wrong with it since this really is the first movie in the timeline.

still don't like the new Superman, or the change in character.

at this point anybody can play Batman. 

oh and Gal Gadot is the new Minka Kelly.

list me all the actors who have played Tony Stark. personally I always thought Tom Cruise would have been the perfect TS, but then he would have been just an asshole..

Nobody was Bruce Wayne after Micheal Keaton, and then there was .

22 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Ummm, no. If that's the case, then any smart mouth alcoholic can play Tony Stark or any goodie goodie boyscout can play Kal-El. Affleck was criticized beyond before he even put on the cowl. I seem to remember a petition circulating around the net too.

1.7 years later, he's the physically intimidating Batman on screen ever.

what? men nipples don't scare you!

WW was aight, definitely the best DC movie since MOS. I think it could have used more action and the last fight scene was a lame CGI cluster fug. The first 45 minutes was basically exposition on top of exposition. Also what the hell was up with the lighting? I guess they made a conscious decision to set almost all of the major set pieces at night. It was really hard to make out what was going on a number of times.

On the plus side Gadot was great. Pines was great. WW kicks a ton of ass when she's unleashed. Several well-placed funny moments. Overall WW is a step in the right direction for DC after pooing the bed with "Batman vs Superman" or whatever it was called.

Good movie, much better than I expected.  The Mummy was not very good.  Very disappointing and the script was completely ridiculous.. Few more great ones...John Wick 2 and Life were both awesome.  47 meters down was decent not much more.

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

Good movie, much better than I expected.  The Mummy was not very good.  Very disappointing and the script was completely ridiculous.. Few more great ones...John Wick 2 and Life were both awesome.  47 meters down was decent not much more.

The Mummy has always been boring. not sure why........................

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

Best movie of the summer IMO is Baby Driver. Action movies aren't really my thing but this had me engaged throughout. Smart, funny, great acting, music..... it has it all. If you have not seen it yet, do so before it leaves the theaters. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, Darth Biscuit said:

Affleck is fine as Batman and Cavill as Superman, frankly idc who the actor is... what I do care about is writing and plot and so far (aside from WW) the DC movies have sucked in this regard.

I was skeptical at first about Gadot as WW but she nailed the part.

I agree with this.  I couldn't care less if it's Marvel or DC, I just really enjoy a good superhero movie.  But DC seems to have lagged a bit in their writing and plot.  But hopefully, WW has shown them a successful format to use as a guide.  The DC characters are awesome, and the actors they have playing them fit very well.  But until WW, it seems they were just a bit off from being very good.    

I also think Marvel's use of humor really helps brighten the script and makes their movies a fun watch.  DC movies have tended to be a little too dark and serious at times without the humor to lighten things up when it's needed.  I'm hoping WW has shown the studio how to mix in a little humor while still maintaining a darker edge than Marvel.   

Archived