• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Butler Making His Presence Felt

Hogmolliesmaht

7 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

The only thing I'm worried about is his run defense straight garbage last year but hopefully a year of conditioning will change that.

It wasn't garbage, but it was inconsistent.

Sometimes, he'd be pushed back like he were nothing. Other times, he came in and straight dominated.

If he can stay consistent, he's gonna be a force.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

It wasn't garbage, but it was inconsistent.

Sometimes, he'd be pushed back like he were nothing. Other times, he came in and straight dominated.

If he can stay consistent, he's gonna be a force.

Those "other times" were straight scheme rides - or about 85% at least.

Feel free to skip your showy use of the subjunctive - he WAS nothing. Bustler busted, objectively.

Those "other times" were straight scheme rides - or about 85% at least.
Feel free to skip your showy use of the subjunctive - he WAS nothing. Bustler busted, objectively.

Go read some old PantherFan4Life posts. He was a true master. You aren't fit to hold his jock. If you don't step up your game by year 3., you're going to find yourself on a Toronto Argonauts forum.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

58 minutes ago, csx said:

Kris Jenkins wasn't a NT before he was a NT. 

I think Butler actually was a NT in college though.

Butler's a 3 tech, not a NT. He won't be able to fill in Star's role at all.

Kyle Love could tbh, to a lesser degree. But not Butler.

22 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Butler's a 3 tech, not a NT. He won't be able to fill in Star's role at all.

Kyle Love could tbh, to a lesser degree. But not Butler.

Yet he played NT in Louisiana Tech's 3/4.

Just now, csx said:

Yet he played NT in Louisiana Tech's 3/4.

That's against college level talent, and slightly different from a 4-3 NT. The role star takes is taking hold of space and moving the gaps against 2 or more o-linemen.

One critique against Butler is how poorly he handles double teams. From what I've watched, I've seen him pushed back on most of them. That's why he could not possibly fill that role. 

7 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

lol after that fiasco with training camp Funchess last off season, I'll believe it when I see it in a regular season game . Right now him and Rivera are blowing steam.

6 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Oh there was plenty of proof in Butler's last few games that he's progressing at near the same level KK did his rookie year. 

It's not steam when it's been seen on the field already.

I find myself torn between both opinions...  This time of year, a lot of the articles about promising players and all the offseason progress means very little.  It's pretty much what you expect the team and coaches to say about young guys.  But yes, Butler showed some flashes on the field, so I think there's some real potential.  But words right now are cheap.  Hoenheim is right that what really matters is how he plays when the games count.  Hoping Butler shows out, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it on a Sunday.

Archived