• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Butler Making His Presence Felt

Hogmolliesmaht

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Vernon-Butler-making-his-presence-felt/0ec81269-eabe-466a-9ea1-9d7fd6abf1d8

"I had my ups and downs. Gotta get better," Butler said recently. "It was an OK year, but this year will be better – I'll tell you right now."

I believe him. The people who think this was a wasted pick will change their minds when Star or KK come out and you can't tell the difference.

4 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

lol after that fiasco with training camp Funchess last off season, I'll believe it when I see it in a regular season game . Right now him and Rivera are blowing steam.

So you think Butler and Wilks are lying to us? Do you expect every player to stay exactly the same as they were as rookies? If you're going to be this pessimistic, then why even bother coming here to talk about your favorite team?

8 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

lol after that fiasco with training camp Funchess last off season, I'll believe it when I see it in a regular season game . Right now him and Rivera are blowing steam.

Oh there was plenty of proof in Butler's last few games that he's progressing at near the same level KK did his rookie year. 

It's not steam when it's been seen on the field already. 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Oh there was plenty of proof in Butler's last few games that he's progressing at near the same level KK did his rookie year. 

Yeah, people forget that KK didn't exactly set the league on fire as a rookie and he was healthy for all of his rookie season, if I remember correctly.

19 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Ok. Believe it when you see it. 

Youl see it this fall

@Hoenheim Here's some examples you can see:

Vernon Butler's first step is lightning quick. Later in the season, Butler took that skill to the house. Against the Redskins, watch as Butler initiates a very fast first step, rendering the center unable to keep up and let Butler go in to stop the play.

Butler1.gif.337fc45fc760e87da696602ef3412dcb.gif

Butler has been inconsistent in the run game, but when he's on, he's extremely good. Watch as he blasts back a defender and ram himself right into the runningback for a loss.

Butler.gif.173d172fa7951b176911205b9fbc63b0.gif

Just the fact that Butler blocked two field goals as a rookie who wasn't even at 100% should tell you about his athleticism. Also,  the fact that he is working so hard this off season should put more pressure on Star to perform too; especially if he wants to get paid. Competition makes them all better.

I'm just glad Panthers.com put this up because everybody has been focusing on the offense but this defense has a chance to be better than the SB team too. This should be a solid unit at all three levels.

My main concern is his health. His biggest knock coming into the NFL was his lower body strength and getting a high ankle sprain your first year does not smother those flames. Obviously he has plenty of time to grow but he needs to put on a lot of muscle while not sacrificing any of his speed which is his strength. That's the key to his success

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

You know there's no room for logic and reason in these discussions.

Archived