• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD already engaged in contract talks

Daeavorn

4 minutes ago, the greatest said:

How many mvps have Greg Olsen or Thomas Davis won? How many executives of the year has Gettleman won? The fact is we let go of a top 2 gm, for players how are trying to jake delhomme us

This post makes my brain hurt.

10 minutes ago, the greatest said:

Cause you have a weak brain

This made me think of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder, so at least you have posted something remotely interesting I suppose.

Look, the comparisons and conclusions that you made in that post are asinine on mind numbing levels. I can't even respond to that.

JR is ultimately what ails this franchise, not because he is an evil old man or something, but because he is unabashedly stuck in his ways, stubborn, and living in a bygone era of football. Which come to think of it, that sounds like our outgoing GM doesn't it? I don't think this franchise is ever going to reach it's potential until we finally rid ourselves of this mentality that has festered on and off since we got a team. It's deep, and begins with Richardson.

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This made me think of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder, so at least you have posted something remotely interesting I suppose.

Look, the comparisons and conclusions that you made in that post are asinine on mind numbing levels. I can't even respond to that.

JR is ultimately what ails this franchise, not because he is an evil old man or something, but because he is unabashedly stuck in his ways, stubborn, and living in a bygone era of football. Which come to think of it, that sounds like our outgoing GM doesn't it? I don't think this franchise is ever going to reach it's potential until we finally rid ourselves of this mentality that has festered on and off since we got a team. It's deep, and begins with Richardson.

The players personal awards don't equal the managers personal awards from a performance standpoint for their respective crafts. Is what that "mind numbing" comparison was saying.

i can agree that ultimate Richardson is at fault for pulling that trigger and being so easily swayed by whatever culmination of forces.

end of story, it's just mind numbing to me that we fired possibly the best gm, on a scouting+contract handling measure, for what appears to be, the inherently biased wails of previously and currently scorned individuals 

if you can't understand this post then i apologize but this conversation is over

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He told you that himself did he?  Because he hasn't said that to the media.  He said he wants to be paid commiserate with the level of production he's provided, which is entirely fair.  I don't see the problem.

Said he wanted to be paid like a top NFL TE,  look at the major TE contracts. 

10m average yearly, 4 year plus deals. 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. 

7 hours ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Yeah and I thought I knew him too. I thought he was a true leader, a guy who wanted this franchise to win a Superbowl. A true Panthers man, all the way. Olsen too, until they started talking about those DAMN contract negotiations and not being happy. FUG THAT POO MAN, you're supposed to be a goddamn leader. You're under contract, go out there and fugging play goddamnit. A leader isn't supposed to create distractions unless there are good distractions, what I mean by that is the Tom Brady example, take less money so the team can win more with signing young dudes long term. THATS a FUGGING leader.

Players have years left on their contract all the time and teams cut them.  Tom Brady can take less money because 1. He makes a lot.  2.  He has a lot of endorsements and 3. He is married to a fugging rich supermodel. 

Why do people equate taking less money as being a good leader?  I guess it's the same reason that poor people fight for rich people's tax cuts. 

Greg Olsen has reached a 1000 yards in 3 consecutive seasons.  He clearly has outpaced all of the top TE's in the league over the last 3 years and isn't even being payed in the top 5 range. 

TD numbers speak for themselves.  He has been 1 of the top OLB in the league for multiple years and asked for his contract to be extended. 

A distraction is holding out.  A distraction is trashing the front office.  I don't blame DG , don't blame TD or Olsen.  It's the owner that has caused this. 

10 hours ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Yeah and I thought I knew him too. I thought he was a true leader, a guy who wanted this franchise to win a Superbowl. A true Panthers man, all the way. Olsen too, until they started talking about those DAMN contract negotiations and not being happy. FUG THAT POO MAN, you're supposed to be a goddamn leader. You're under contract, go out there and fugging play goddamnit. A leader isn't supposed to create distractions unless there are good distractions, what I mean by that is the Tom Brady example, take less money so the team can win more with signing young dudes long term. THATS a FUGGING leader.

These guys act like someone put a gun to their heads when they signed these contracts for tens of millions of dollars.

They thought they were getting a good deal at the time or they wouldn't have signed them to begin with.

Live up to your word and honor your commitment to the team.

It was probably Gettleman offering a Vet minimum deal because TD was loyal to the franchise and everyone knows he wants to retire as a Panther.

As much as Jerry Richardson has done for TD when times were the worst for him,  I just don't see him striking out some $50 million dollar deal.   TD knows he is on the decline and should be looking for top dollar linebacker money.

The Olsen deal was probably being low balled.  31 isn't exactly old but it isn't exactly young,   A two year extension would be good and fair for both sides.   This would put him at 35 and if he wanted to stay a Panther than a new deal would be needed,

So if Td signs a cheap ass extension then what? Who's to blame then ? So quick to turn on our own guys before we even know the full story

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Exactly you guys constantly post about TD being this upstanding character yet you guys are so quick to throw him under the the bus something is seriously wrong with his Fanbase it's very disheartening makes me want to stay away from the huddle sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

20 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Is it too crazy to think that this had more to do with guys like Morrison and Beane leaving after being with the franchise for so long? Beane had been with the team for 19 years and after only a few years of Gettleman left for Buffalo. 

Front office turmoil usually stays behind closed doors but I'm leaning more towards that then JR firing Gettleman for not handing out fat contracts to vets. 

He was offered a GM position. Why the hack wouldn't he leave for Buffalo?

Will everyone be happy when we have another crap-tastic season, but our beloved vets are well compensated?  I doubt it.

IF there was a fight over money, then DG was doing the right thing by looking out for the franchise IMO.  Olsen and TD are in the twilight of their career regardless of how much we love them, and I do love both of them.  Now, I am not saying we let them go... but there's no chance I re-write Olsen's contract when there are 2 years left on it.  I think TD might have 2 years left in the tank as well, but that's about it.

If YOU are running a company, or buying a home... and sign a contract then the other party comes back and says... "Yeah, I know what we both agreed to, but I don't like it anymore so I want to change it".  What would you do?

Archived