• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you happy with Gettleman being fired? (A poll)

Hotsauce

Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A Poll)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A poll).

• Yes I am happy
    • No, I'm pissed
    • I'm still in shock and don't know how to feel about it

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Lol no you're not a Panthers fan if you go on bitching about a man the PANTHERS fired. Gettleman wasn't the panthers, far from it. 

You're  right. He was just the best GM the team has ever had. I suppose you think Hurney wasn't that bad too, right superfan?

Firing one of the worst GMs (and people) in NFL history only to replace him with the man who seven years ago made the worst mistake in team history?

Are there only two humans on the planet who can be GM?

I'll miss Gettleman as an evaluator, even if it did sometimes make him overconfident about parting with established talent. That's it. Maybe rehire him as a road scout?

11 minutes ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

Firing one of the worst GMs (and people) in NFL history only to replace him with the man who seven years ago made the worst mistake in team history?

Are there only two humans on the planet who can be GM?

I'll miss Gettleman as an evaluator, even if it did sometimes make him overconfident about parting with established talent. That's it. Maybe rehire him as a road scout?

please stop posting on this alt. If you think Gettleman is truly one of the worst GMs in nfl history you are the biggest idiot on this entire forum. And that's saying something 

6 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

What about "No, I hate the timing and want more information before jumping to conclusions." 

Pretty much this . Even if JR was having major problems with Gettleman he should have been allowed to ride out the season with this draft class and the work he's done for the last few years, and wait and see what happens. fug for all JR knows we coulda gone 19-0 this year and win the super bowl . 

23 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Easy

fug no, this was a terrible decision with terrible timing and for a terrible reason. 

Nothing about that sounds remotely positive. No silver lining. 

The funny thing is maybe JR was trying to avoid another debacle or distraction like what happened with Norman. But he created possibly a worse one long term with firing Gettleman. 

I think Gettleman made hard choices but really smart choices with the long term success of the team always in mind. We may be able to win big in the near future (next 1 or 2 seasons) , but will have to hope we obtain another good GM if we hope to get back on the path to sustained success we were trending towards with Gman. 

For those hoping the next GM is a kinder gentler version of Dave Gettleman... that will be able to draft outstanding talent and keep all your favorite players while remaining under the cap... newsflash... it's not happening.

GM's have to make hard decisions and that means saying no more often than they want to when it comes to keeping fan favorites on the roster.  That is if they have any hope of fielding a team that consistently wins on game day.

With the interim hiring of Hurney JR has demonstrated to the world once again what many here have known for years, Jerry has his pet players and he's willing to forgo a competitive product on the field in order to buy the admiration of those select players, Panthers fans be damned.

Archived