• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Press conference at 2pm

Johnny Rockets

Hurney says he's brings a different energy now. Acknowledges while they did things right, also made mistakes. Has a new perspective

Marty Hurney said he returns to the Panthers with a different perspective. Says he wouldn't have come if he didn't think he could help.

Marty Hurney said his first order of his business is to meet with Ron Rivera, then with staff.

Hurney says decision by Richardson on Gettleman "was not a rash decision"but no further detail. Says he,JR only talked about moving forward.

Hurney said he didn't go into specifics of why Dave Gettleman was let go when talking with Jerry Richardson.

Hurney: Rash decisions aren't made in this league

Hurney: I can tell you knowing Jerry Richardson, rash decisions aren't made. It's about winning games.

Hurney said meeting with Richardson didn't take long because they know each other so well and understand philosophy.

Hurney on meeting with Jerry: There's a trust there. We both have a burning desire to win games. Meeting didn't take long

Hurney said he heard from Panthers on Monday, met with Jerry Richardson at his home on Tuesday. Hired today. "There is a trust there."

Hurney says he was surprised. Had a friend call him Monday & tell him about DG. Late Monday afternoon he got call asking if he'd meet Jerry

Hurney: Julius & Captain. I know those guys. I know the principals and philosophies of this organization and I'm excited

Archived