• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Byrd can become a Pro Bowler" and I said this last year..

Maximus is just hungry is all. We haven't had a truly prolific receiving corps in a while, and a legit WR1 even longer. It's difficult to keep perspective when you've gone without for so long. 

That being said, the only way I see him making the Pro Bowl is as a returner/receiver, and even then it's probably a long shot. He'd have to win both jobs probably  (PR and KR), excel, and contribute somewhat regularly within the offense (ala Devin Hester). Unless Byrd really flew under the radar the past couple of seasons (pun intended), the chances of him becoming a Pro Bowler at anything are slim and none. But anything is possible.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maximus is just hungry is all. We haven't had a truly prolific receiving corps in a while, and a legit WR1 even longer. It's difficult to keep perspective when you've gone without for so long. 

That being said, the only way I see him making the Pro Bowl is as a returner/receiver, and even then it's probably a long shot. He'd have to win both jobs probably  (PR and KR), excel, and contribute somewhat regularly within the offense (ala Devin Hester). Unless Byrd really flew under the radar the past couple of seasons (pun intended), the chances of him becoming a Pro Bowler at anything are slim and none. But anything is possible.

IMG_20170815_144239_202.jpg

24 minutes ago, Maximus_nextinline said:

So yall smarter than Ricky Prohel when it comes to WR's? 

It's also a matter of opportunity. Byrd likely won't have the work necessary to become a Pro Bowler. He just got off the bubble (I assume), and now you're telling me that he's going to fly by Benjamin, Funchess and Samuel---all first/second round talents, with those type of expectations? He is flying upwind. 

Now of course there's always a chance. There's always some player who defies odds and surpasses expectations. Victor Cruz is not imaginary, and though injury put the brakes on his Pro Bowl level career, he is still more than a blip on the radar (see his last preseason game), who just may end up the go-to guy in the Windy City. 

But, Max, Byrd has a ways to go to become anything more than a role player behind others who are more talented and perhaps more versatile.

I'd be happy with consistently productive, or productive when called upon, in reference to our diminutive receiver.

Bottom line on all this back and forth simply is: 

Byrd has a very good chance to make the 53 and will probably do so; However, he won't get enough touches to get him anywhere close to the pro bowl.  That's not a knock on Byrd's ability whatsoever, it's just a fact about our offense and that's ok!  We were damn 15-1 when Cam actually spread the ball around.

And dude....maybe you're just trolling for fun, maybe you actually believe he'll be a pro bowler, I really don't know.....but you can't expect people to take you seriously when you say something along the lines of "I've never been wrong about a Panther before"

Probowler, haha No.  

Weapon in this offense....yes.

Lets not forget, Ginn was all but written off as a big time bust in this league.  Looked like only a track star.  Came in here and looked good.  He left and looked pedestrian and couldnt see pt in arizona only to come back here and look good.

Byrd has that same speed if not slightly more (younger than Ginn)  but seems to have become a better route runner and much better hands.  Now that he is a few seasons into this league and has the playbook down, who knows how high his ceiling is here.

Cam still has a Cannon of a arm, and Shula still likes to show everyone that his QB does by throwing in some deep shots.  No better player on this roster (except possibly Samuel) than Byrd for that just like Ginn was.

Archived