• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Halloween is not scary anymore but it is a classic.  Salems lot was a good flick as well.  I like creepy stuff without the gore. 

With th the success of IT look for more remakes of Christine, pet semetary etc...  

Pet Cemetery.... how did this not make the list?

On 9/23/2017 at 11:50 AM, Mr. Scot said:

No mention of Oculus?

Best horror movie I've seen in years. Really see screws with your head.

Kudos to whoever mentioned Session 9. Super creepy movie.

oculus was good. hated the ending. pissed me off. makes it an even better movie. the short that it was based on was pretty good as well.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:23 PM, Moorgan said:

I thought The Babadook was ugh. Boring and silly and way overhyped. I mean not unwatchable bad but just not satisfying in any way and I was waiting for it to be finished.

i felt bad for the mom. that was about it. i was just stressed for her. it was ok. i was  expecting more.

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

oculus was good. hated the ending. pissed me off. makes it an even better movie. the short that it was based on was pretty good as well.

Oculus, Sinister and the two Conjuring movies are some of the better recent ones.

Also a fan of the Japanese remakes like The Ring and The Grudge.

'Let the Right One In' (Swedish film) and 'Let Me In' (American version) were both good. not necessarily scary, but still good vampire movie. great story.

Odd Thomas was a fun movie. i guess kind of a horror comedy?

The Last Exorcism was really good i thought. i haven't seen any of the sequels though. not sure they could compare to the first. 

On 9/27/2017 at 5:16 PM, twylyght said:

Pet Cemetery.... how did this not make the list?

I would love to see a real effort at a good remake for Pet Semetary.  The original was just ok IMO as the acting was pretty bad.  I think thats one of Kings scariest books.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a couple of highly regarded Netflix horror movies recently.

First was "House of the Devil" from 2009. This is your classic "babysitter finds herself in trouble" movie. I'd recommended this for any fans of 1980s slow burn horror. This movie looks and feels like it's straight out of 1984, from the film they used to the use of quick zooms. If you were to walk in the room and saw this on, you'd have no idea it was made within the past thirty years. Overall this movie was a disappointment to me only because I think it could have been so much better. The opening twenty minutes had me hyped because I'm a sucker for the nostalgic horror this film was selling, but ultimately it just kinds of drags on too much.

The other I watched is "A Dark Song" from 2016. This is another slow burn type dealing with a mother trying to contact her dead son through black magic. The acting and scenery are top notch, and the way the main characters go about their occult rituals seems about as realistic as possible. I wasn't crazy about the climax, but overall the movie has some pretty damn powerful scenes that'll creep you out for sure.

Archived