• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke needs to retire

Kevin Greene

If he's concussed, it's over. It's time for him to accept that fact that he was great at this game but his body just wasn't cut out for it long-term. Take his millions and go into coaching if he still wants to be involved in the game. If he got concussed from that play, he's like a fighter with a glass chin. There's just no fixing it. You can either take a shot or you can't.

28 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

CTE is very real

i love Luke Kuechly 

i love him enough to tell him, let  this go. You are a young man. Your whole life  ahead of you

be a coach. Don't be a statistic 

and I am so sad

greatness is seldom seen. Luke was greatness 

If Luke’s done, and I hope so if this was indeed another concussion, then so am I. Athletes like him are why I love this sport. If the game destroys even its very best then what’s the point?

50 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Why is everybody in here so positive he had a concussion?  Let's wait for the team to announce it before everybody has to have a funeral for Luke?

They officially said he did during the game and he is in the concussion protocol.

Just now, Bartin said:

They officially said he did during the game and he is in the concussion protocol.

Concussion protocol does not equal concussion.  Only that he was having concussion like symptoms and with Luke, I imagine they'd be very careful about any symptoms resembling a concussion.   Seriously, wait at least a day before we have a Luke should retire thread..   It's so disrespectful to the guy.

10 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Concussion protocol does not equal concussion.  Only that he was having concussion like symptoms and with Luke, I imagine they'd be very careful about any symptoms resembling a concussion.   Seriously, wait at least a day before we have a Luke should retire thread..   It's so disrespectful to the guy.

This is what I'm hoping for, but also being a long-time fight fan, I've seen plenty of times that when a fighter starts getting KO'd it's over. The chin doesn't recover.

It's not disrespectful to the guy to suggest that he should look out for his long-term health. IMO, it's disrespectful to the guy to ask him to keep on racking up concussions risking probably CTE for a game. He's already a millionaire many times over. He could walk away from the game right now and live out his life in the lap of luxury.

C'mon man. Can we at least wait until the report comes out to bury Keek? There is the possibiltity that the team is just being cautious. After all, he never looked like he was dazed. He did run into the tunnel.

When Luke finally walks away. Then we can debate his contributions.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

C'mon man. Can we at least wait until the report comes out to bury Keek? There is the possibiltity that the team is just being cautious. After all, he never looked like he was dazed. He did run into the tunnel.

When Luke finally walks away. Then we can debate his contributions.

Serious question, have you ever had a concussion?

This is a forum, if not for baseless discussions there would hardly be any posts at all. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a forum, if not for baseless discussions there would hardly be any posts at all. 

Haha, not to be a contrarian... but I think this is just so sensitive for some people, because Keuchly is such an important piece to our team (aka difference between a Super Bowl or not), that I understand the not wanting to rush to judgement.

Just now, PantherNation123 said:

Haha, not to be a contrarian... but I think this is just so sensitive for some people, because Keuchly is such an important piece to our team (aka difference between a Super Bowl or not), that I understand the not wanting to rush to judgement.

I get that. But, I'm also coming from the perspective of a guy who has had five concussions himself. Two major ones. I've been knocked unconscious twice. Once in a car crash and once in a mountain bike crash. The other three concussions were from a football injury, a rock climbing injury, and a snowboarding crash.

This poo is serious and a lot of keyboard warriors just can't understand it unless they've been in a situation where two days of their life is just gone. You don't remember any of that happening at all. It's like being blackout drunk for two days straight.

I still participate in all those activities (aside from football), but I've adjusted HOW I participate in those activities. The thing with football is that a lot of it is out of your control. Climbing, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. you can control how hard you go. You can control a lot of your risk. Football involves a lot of factors outside of your control - namely the other 21 people on the field with you. It's tough to dial back your exposure in the game of football. You're either all in or you're all out. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get that. But, I'm also coming from the perspective of a guy who has had five concussions himself. Two major ones. I've been knocked unconscious twice. Once in a car crash and once in a mountain bike crash. The other three concussions were from a football injury, a rock climbing injury, and a snowboarding crash.

This poo is serious and a lot of keyboard warriors just can't understand it unless they've been in a situation where two days of their life is just gone. You don't remember any of that happening at all. It's like being blackout drunk for two days straight.

I still participate in all those activities (aside from football), but I've adjusted HOW I participate in those activities. The thing with football is that a lot of it is out of your control. Climbing, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. you can control how hard you go. You can control a lot of your risk. Football involves a lot of factors outside of your control - namely the other 21 people on the field with you. It's tough to dial back your exposure in the game of football. You're either all in or you're all out. 

Hey man, I get it.  I also have had 4 concussions, two from football, one from lacrosse, and one from walking the dog as a kid.  I know it isn't a joke.  I'm just saying that I understand the sentiment to hold out on judgement on Luke's status until we know more

Just now, PantherNation123 said:

Hey man, I get it.  I also have had 4 concussions, two from football, one from lacrosse, and one from walking the dog as a kid.  I know it isn't a joke.  I'm just saying that I understand the sentiment to hold out on judgement on Luke's status until we know more

It's worth noting that my reply was also heavily slanted to the well known passive aggressive snowflake that is iamhubby.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes. And have you? Who cares. Most guys that have played sport have. What difference does that make.    

But yeah, have at it. I am sorry that I rue the interwebz ability to bring out the worst in people. If you can reread this thread, and not see what folks are saying. Just because you can say, does not mean you should.

Archived