• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Walking Dead

rodeo

17 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Rick has a daughter and a girlfriend now. I think that realistically, the actor playing Carl is going to want to do something else with his life at some point and the show runners are keeping options open. Certainly they will not be winding down the show because Carl is no longer on it.

I would imagine that Carl, if he dies, does so in a way that secures a better life for everyone else and Rick would feel it necessary to try and live up to his sacrifice, mostly because the show is so much about loss of civility and morality in this world, it would provide the balance this show seems to lose occasionally. You can't just have bummer after bummer and expect people to keep signing up for it.

naaaaaah bud... Carl is the reason for TWD and they won't kill him off.

I really don't think Chandler Riggs will get too many roles of substance after this anyways. He's not that great of an actor first off, and second, he'll never be known as anything other than Carl.

I mean, they could kill Carl, but if they do and DON'T end the show, I probably will stop watching. Not that I watch because of Carl, but it'll be a clear sign that nobody knows wtf to do with this TV show. Judith is an afterthought, Rick doesn't even care about her, and tbqh I think Michonne's days are numbered (if the show gets that far) because of Andrea's role in the comics. The whole Rick and Michonne arc is just really forced seeming to me. They aren't a good match, really.

TWD can't hold GoT's jock when it comes to killing off (or not) main characters. When they do it, it usually goes horribly wrong because they don't stick to the script they've got. When they don't do it when they should, it just makes them look dumb and afraid. GoT has actually leaned more towards TWD lately with the "fake outs" and tbqh it makes it a worse show, just like it does on TWD.

The reality of the world in TWD is that life is precarious. Anyone should be fair game at any time. I agree. But, the two central characters to this story are Rick and Carl. Both have already shown that they have nine lives, and are pretty much going to be your main characters for the series. The plot armor is thick for them. Negan should, and I hope he does, eventually fit into this mold as well. But if you kill one of those three off, nobody really cares about the other two at this point, and the supporting cast doesn't have anyone that can step up and be the focus of the story.

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

naaaaaah bud... Carl is the reason for TWD and they won't kill him off.

I really don't think Chandler Riggs will get too many roles of substance after this anyways. He's not that great of an actor first off, and second, he'll never be known as anything other than Carl.

I mean, they could kill Carl, but if they do and DON'T end the show, I probably will stop watching. Not that I watch because of Carl, but it'll be a clear sign that nobody knows wtf to do with this TV show. Judith is an afterthought, Rick doesn't even care about her, and tbqh I think Michonne's days are numbered (if the show gets that far) because of Andrea's role in the comics. The whole Rick and Michonne arc is just really forced seeming to me. They aren't a good match, really.

TWD can't hold GoT's jock when it comes to killing off (or not) main characters. When they do it, it usually goes horribly wrong because they don't stick to the script they've got. When they don't do it when they should, it just makes them look dumb and afraid. GoT has actually leaned more towards TWD lately with the "fake outs" and tbqh it makes it a worse show, just like it does on TWD.

The reality of the world in TWD is that life is precarious. Anyone should be fair game at any time. I agree. But, the two central characters to this story are Rick and Carl. Both have already shown that they have nine lives, and are pretty much going to be your main characters for the series. The plot armor is thick for them. Negan should, and I hope he does, eventually fit into this mold as well. But if you kill one of those three off, nobody really cares about the other two at this point, and the supporting cast doesn't have anyone that can step up and be the focus of the story.

I think the TV show is its own beast.  I mean we have seen time and time again.....the characters comic fans have praised have never been the same hit on the TV show.  Hell, the favorite character overall on TV doesn't even exist in the comic.   TV dynamic is different than the comic.  

I think you could take Carl out and it still work in TV land.  Not sure you can take Rick out of the TV world.    But all that would depend on being able to write a good story......and TWD TV show just can't tell a good story at this point even with good source material. 

well, that episode sucked balls overall.  Just one giant cluster of nonsense.  These dudes really suck at telling a story.  You have the fake it till you make it group randomly calling in a Tiger to take care of the job, Rick and Daryl randomly taking an outpost all by themselves because that makes sense, repeat of the Satellite outpost going down ending with repeated story of kill them/no we are better than that routine out of nowhere despite mauling down hundreds in the episode,  the let's pin them in group battle.  Just a whole lot of action that went nowhere and was confusing. 

Hope everyone enjoyed the Daryl man pain flashback when he saw the similar cell. 

I mean big picture the realization Rick has when he made it into the nursery was a pretty good moment in terms of Rick being forced to realize what he is vs what they are.  The Morales thing seemed to be a weak "wow, look at this moment". 

also what is the ratio of Saviors vs Team America? Abe/Glenn/Sasha/Tara's girlfriend vs what has to be hundreds and hundreds? 4 to 1000 at this point?  What are there 50,000 Saviors at this point? 

Yeah that episode seemed OK as it was happening, but looking back now it's like "WTF that was dogshit".

I should have known the entire thing would have been awful after the absurdly bad intro. Go back and watch the first bad guys fall down after being shot. It's actually kind of hilarious. They actually brace themselves and kind of just lay down. Just awful direction. And the boss savior lady admonishing the guy, that entire scene was grade A horsepoo.

To recap the episode, it was about 90% close-ups with generic automatic gunfire audio. The other 10% was dramatic string swells.

When did this turn in to one of the worst shows on TV?

Random thoughts:

-Norman Reedus got fat. I guess Daryl has been living large on those rations.

-the talented actors that play Morgan and Carol are absolutely being wasted, but at least Morgan is going to go all psycho again it seems

-The directors have caught up to the piss poor writing on this show. Just an awful episode all around

lol 1 hour long of:

Dramatic face shots...

Endless guns and ammo. Does anyone else remember that Negan and the Garbage group took ALL of Rick's guns? I guess the Kingdom was fully loaded with all these weapons/ammo they are now using, even though they were training people to use spears and staves??!?!?! lol

I can hardly get past an Ezekiel scene now. The dude obviously has the chops, but they are wasting it on making everything he says so over the top and unbelievable that it just comes off as hot garbage. Then, whenever I hear his voice, I just see him as Cyborg from Teen Titans cracking some jokes with Robin and co.

We're being set up for another "Morgan Goes Crazy" arc. Basically, it is their cheapest/least effort route to write the character off. Terrible use of Lennie James.

LOL That guy "Todd" on the Saviors side of things that the she-Negan was being rough handed with before the attack was from Boy Meets World back in the day. He also did some One Tree Hill IIRC, but I guess getting this small part on TWD was just because he's a fan or something. Maybe he survived and will end up being a bigger character on the show.

"Let's attack this outpost and steal all these weapons with a team of 5 guys, who we'll be sure to split up pretty much as soon as we go inside!"

Oh look, a baby I most likely just made into an orphan. Oh well, onto the next room!

Hello Morales! It'll be good to have you back for like two episodes for the closure of knowing what happened to you and your family I didn't really care about all those seasons ago.

Cue ending dramatic face shots...

This show... lol... I mean, I will keep watching, but it is basically getting to the point where it is unintentionally mimicking a Monty Python show...

12 minutes ago, Datawire said:

Now how the hell does the Tiger know who to attack?

I really don't know why I am still watching this show.

it is like he called in an airstrike.

The King literally told someone to go back to Kingdom, unlock the cage....that guy then teleported to the Kingdom and had the Tiger air dropped in front of the Ezekiel to take out the random person they were searching for. 

I mean TWD IMO has been shown to be envious of GOT IMO.  I think that was what sparked the whole Glenn/Dumpter thing was the Jon Snow envy.  But TWD does teleporting worse than GOT too. 

Only thing I enjoyed was the baby. I don't read the comics but that has to be neagans daughter right? Maybe it was a "weapon" not guns that Dwight sent them there for. If he told Rick he was going to kidnap neagans child he wouldn't have went through with it. Why else would that baby be in a secluded place with at least 4 guards and no woman in site?  Probably dwights wife and neagans daughter. 

33 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Only thing I enjoyed was the baby. I don't read the comics but that has to be neagans daughter right? Maybe it was a "weapon" not guns that Dwight sent them there for. If he told Rick he was going to kidnap neagans child he wouldn't have went through with it. Why else would that baby be in a secluded place with at least 4 guards and no woman in site?  Probably dwights wife and neagans daughter. 

I assumed it was the daughter of the dude Rick killed given the tattoo connection to the baby's name on the wall

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I assumed it was the daughter of the dude Rick killed given the tattoo connection to the baby's name on the wall

Dwight knew exactly who was there and it doesnt look like they found any guns. I doubt it is just a random baby but I guess it could be. 

So, go figure, but there are some pretty heavy rumors that indeed:

Chandler Riggs (Carl) wanted off the show, and that the show writers gave in and wrote him/killed him off either on the midseason finale or second half premier.

These are still just what they are, rumors, but apparently there are some sort of indicators that it could be rooted in truth.

So, I will probably just stop watching if this is true. I know I said I wouldn't, but it would be pretty pointless at that point.

I still don't know if I believe the rumors, so I'll have to wait and see, but LOL if true.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:09 PM, toldozer said:

nah man Negan ain't gonna have no kid...

Archived