• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remmers vs. Kalil

kungfoodude

RT MIKE REMMERS, 87.1 OVERALL GRADE

Both tackles get credit, where credit is due, simply because of how much they fueled the offense in this one. Remmers was also responsible for just one lone hurry and cleared the way for multiple big runs. The Vikings averaged 9.1 yards per carry on eight runs that hit off the right edge.

T MATT KALIL, 36.3 OVERALL GRADE

Kalil struggled to block Bears edge defender Pernell McPhee and Co., as the former Minnesota Viking surrendered 7 total pressures including a sack and a hit. He also struggled in run blocking, as Panthers’ rushers gained just 14 yards on 7 carries when running left.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-game-recaps-for-all-of-the-nfl-week-7-matchups

Not sure if anyone here has full PFF access but it would be interesting to know how these guys are comparing over the course of the season.

Just now, Khyber53 said:

No body wanted to believe me when I said last year we'd miss Remmers if we let him go... Even just average offensive tackles are hard to find.

Yeah and I am not one to imply Remmers was a stud but Kalil was just such an obviously atrocious move. It was stunning. I wonder how Whitworth is grading out? 

Yeah Remmers sucks against speed rushers which is why we hated him against the Falcons and Broncos with their  star speed rushers in Beasley and Miller.  Otherwise, he’s been stout against power guys.

Matt Kalil is decent against speed but sucks against power, which is the total opposite of Remmers. He kinda sucks every game. 

It is what it is though.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Yeah Remmers sucks against speed rushers which is why we hated him against the Falcons and Broncos with their  star speed rushers in Beasley and Miller.  Otherwise, he’s been stout against power guys.

Matt Kalil is decent against speed but sucks against power, which is the total opposite of Remmers. He kinda sucks every game. 

It is what it is though.

Crazy enough, Daryl Williams is our best Tackle right now.  Regardless of your bias or not.  It's the truth.  And he's just average as well.  

Just now, Carolina Cajun said:

Well, Moton is probably our best tackle, but he won't see the field because Rivera has a hard on for veterans.  I mean Matt Kalil got injured and we threw fuging silatolu in there...

Well, unfortunately Silatolu might BE our best option because we damn sure haven't seen much of Moton. At some level, I hope it is incompetent coaching rather than him just being subpar. That would be much worse.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, unfortunately Silatolu might BE our best option because we damn sure haven't seen much of Moton. At some level, I hope it is incompetent coaching rather than him just being subpar. That would be much worse.

I doubt it's possible to be worse than what we're starting.  If he's even equal with either tackle, then he needs to start so he can develop.  he's not gonna develop sitting on the bench.  In the past, the only way to get Rivera to start a rookie was by actually cutting the vet.

Archived