• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night NFL Dolphins @ Ravens

redbuddha

11 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Add there were people on this very forum that wanted Matt Moore to start for this franchise

He actually looked really good for his first 3-5 games that he played for us, and we only had Jake at the time, so it’s not like we had a far superior alternatives 

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

He actually looked really good for his first 3-5 games that he played for us, and we only had Jake at the time, so it’s not like we had a far superior alternatives 

And Joe Webb never failed to look good in preseason...

Tonight is a prime example of why Matt has never been a starter.  I said earlier in this thread that Ive always liked the dude, but he just doesnt have what it takes to be THE guy.

44 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

And Joe Webb never failed to look good in preseason...

Tonight is a prime example of why Matt has never been a starter.  I said earlier in this thread that Ive always liked the dude, but he just doesnt have what it takes to be THE guy.

I’m not talking about preseason, hell I’m talking when he filled in for jake like 8 years ago. Excuse me for having a memory and actually knowing what I’m talking about.BCA03D56-DBF3-4E64-8926-1B7CC64388D5.thumb.png.431b8869a56a363b2a653ccc3df782b5.png 

see what I’m talking about now? His average QBR was 98.8 for those games, and threw 8 TDs and only 1 Int in those games with his only loss coming to the patriots that year, and Incase you forgot the patriots were pretty good that year too...

he legitimately looked like a better option than Jake Delhomme at the time.

9 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’m not talking about preseason...

he  legitimately looked like a better option than Jake Delhomme at the time.

Chill dude...

I wasn't trying to call anyone out.  I was just saying that Matt, while a good dude, isnt starting QB material.   And my Webb comment was more meant to suggest that in any short period of time any given player can look good but on the whole they are merely average.

You are correct that he has looked good over stretches but you cant really think that Matt is the answer to the #1 QB question for any team.

15 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’m not talking about preseason, hell I’m talking when he filled in for jake like 8 years ago. Excuse me for having a memory and actually knowing what I’m talking about.BCA03D56-DBF3-4E64-8926-1B7CC64388D5.thumb.png.431b8869a56a363b2a653ccc3df782b5.png see what I’m talking about now? His average QBR was 98.8 for those games, and threw 8 TDs and only 1 Int in those games with his only loss coming to the patriots that year, and Incase you forgot the patriots were pretty good that year too...

he  legitimately looked like a better option than Jake Delhomme at the time.

Matt excels at being a great short term starting quarterback as long as he goes back to being a backup. Started he is not durable for one, and 2 he falls apart when he's "the guy".

40-0,  case closed.

Archived