• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is Igo butthurt over CMC?

Wundrbread33

7 minutes ago, Chairman Wow said:

Expecting a running back to rank near the top of the NFL in total reception yards is ludicrous. 

To illustrate, CmC is 2nd in the NFL in terms of yards receiving by a running back. The NFL leader in yards by a running back ranks 20th.

Apparently, every RB in the NFL sucks as a receiver...at least by your metric.

This makes zero sense. I could not even get through half of it. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Embellish much? lol

Calm down, you are emotional. It is a valid question to ask if he was a value at pick 8, and it doesn't mean he won't have a good career. 

As long as Shula is here they will never get any value out of CMC.  He simply doesn't know how to use him.  Shula should take a few pages from Andy Reid's play book and use CMC the way Andy uses Hunt.  

16 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Embellish much? lol

Calm down, you are emotional. It is a valid question to ask if he was a value at pick 8, and it doesn't mean he won't have a good career. 

It's valid question to ask for sure. But what again was your question? Seems to me you more or less made a statement and determination after 8 games for a rookie that we was crap/not worth the pic.. I get it man....it generated threads/posts and discussion.

Was he a value pick at 8? Was that your question? . Was Brady a value pick 8 games into his rookie season? I get everyone else shitting on him...but i cant wrap my head around you of all people seemingly so easily tossing aside a kid like CMC after only 8 games knowing full well our OC situation.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This makes zero sense. I could not even get through half of it. 

It is called football.

Wide receivers and tight ends typically make their catches well downfield because of the route trees they are asked to run.

Running backs typically make their catches behind or very close to the line of scrimmage because they run very different route trees. 

No running back in NFL history has ever led the league in receiving yards. Ain't gonna happen.

CmC's average catch on the season is 1.42 yards beyond the Line of Scrimmage.

The NFL receiving yards leader, Antonio Brown's average catch on the season is 9.98 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

See the difference?

I wasn't a big fan of the decision to draft him. Not necessarily because I don't think he could be a good player, I just didn't expect us to be able to utilize him effectively. I think that has pretty much been the case. 

In fairness, I don't think any RB's in the league would be very effective behind our current OL.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I make a thread saying I support CMC but as of now spending the 8th overall pick on a slot receiver probably wasn't a great move considering other areas of need. Especially so if you consider the Panthers also spent the 40th pick on a slot receiver. 

Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Panthers desperately needed a weapon.  For years I've been listening to people argue that Cam has no weapons, we need to draft help for him, Gettleman/Rivera only care about the defense, blah blah. 

So to me, CMC makes perfect sense.  He's fast, smart, hard working and will only get better.  Calling him a "slot receiver" I suppose is suggesting he was over-drafted.  I seriously doubt CMC would last more than 4-5 more picks and Gettleman does not trade back.  If we were serious about helping Cam, we had to get him at 8.

I really don't think of him as a slot receiver or a RB anyway.  Those terms come with preconceived expectations.  He's got to line up somewhere when he's not in motion, so I guess we need to fall back on these.  But he's really something very different - we may need to come up with a new position name before he's done.

The one that surprised me was Samuel.  He seemed a little redundant.  I thought we'd go Melifonwu, Kpass, or my personal favorite, Eiflein there.  Maybe go with a WR (I liked Goodwin) in the 3rd.  Samuel may workout - we certainly need someone that will eventually stretch the field.  But that one surprised me more than CMC.

Archived