• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is It Time for CMC to start over Stew?

Castavar

46 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Yeh I'm a big time Stewart guy and I'll say that too,... start CAP and CMC and let stewart sit for awhile.

i believe all the gut runs with behind the line hits took their toll for now, and the frustration has gotten the better of him,.. he's human.

frustration does it to players,.. AJ Green lost it and got thrown out of a game,..

sit him and run with CMC and CAP and see how that plays out. Personally the runs still have to adjust and I don't expect much from CAP but at least he's got fresh legs and should be motivated to show he's the guy.

i think we will or should focus on 2 receivers, a running back and offensive line in the draft and free agency,...

the defense has it, take back Stewart's fumbles and the game would have been a blow out,.. take back the runs back in the game after the fumbles and the offense would have kept moving.

reluctantly i say he's done

Agreed. But we need to prioritize DE as well. They have played well but they are old. 

43 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I think he can be like a McCoy or even LeVeon Bell with vision and shiftiness if we just let our blocking develop on plays, which we did well today with Armah leading the way.

Yup . I hate this stupid poo that people keep saying he can't take the same number of carries. Why not? I believe he had 20 touches total today , and alot more backfield and running back snaps,  did he look especially gassed or winded? He looked good to me. 

They've yet to give him a 20+ carry game either . Backs like Bell and Zeke regularly get 25+ carries a game , its a big part of the reason why they get so many 100+ rush yard games, they have the number of attempts to get in a rythm  and do well as a running back.  

19 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Agreed. But we need to prioritize DE as well. They have played well but they are old. 

We definitely need another DE. Peppers looks good and may be like Harrison and continue to be awesome for about longer but we still need another.

if we could somehow keep this defense for the most part for next year though and go to work on the offense almost exclusively, the team would be unstoppable next year.

its time to go all in for Cams Super Bowl. Go get him a better FA receiver or 2, a tightend, another running back assuming CAP is what I think he is(these seem to grow on FA trees), and offensive line.

the first round must be an offensive lineman and we should double up, maybe triple them. 

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

I think it is. Even taking away those two bad fumbles, he is just slow to the hole and just looks bad. CMC just gives us another much needed spark that this offense needs besides Cam. Relegate Stew to short yardage/goal line situations and let Cap get more early downs and change of pace while CMC mans the starting role. It's time.

Absolutely not 

Why do folks think Cap should be starting instead of cmc? It's clear that cmc is the better player who can run and catch. They are almost the same size so don't say mac is too small Give him a fb and let him have cap as his backup When cmc is in, teams don't know if we w run or pass It gives us unpredictability. Stew is a backup

Yeh he's done, or at least done with the BS of this team. They made everything too predictable for him and got him killed and frustrated.

let him go to another team where he will probably resurface aLa Blount and Deangelo Williams. 

Our running game with him was like our passing game with Kelvin,, coaches can't adjust, just refuse to adjust to what we can do instead of what they want us to do.

with him gone the coaches are forced to do different with Christian. Unfortunately I see CAP going the way of Stewart very fast,.. run gut run gut fumble, run gut run gut, broken,... 

hes not stewart-- it took someone as tough as Stewart to last this long with these coaches,... CAP on 12 carries a game I say has 3-5 games before IR,...

Archived