• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1.7 ypc

cheynehowell

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't care who we call the lead back. I just want to basically see Stew and CAP switch roles. Stew should be playing spot duty only. 

and i have no clue what could convince the coaches to do this if they havent figured it out by now. 

Wouldn't be suprised if we end up as a wild card, and losing either the 1st or 2nd game very badly when stew gets another 1. something ypc game and some above average qb shreds teh secondary for 500 yards. 

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

more like 90 percent and spell him when needed. Hell , they could do the same with CAP and spell him a little with mccaffrey , and have mccaffrey mainly play WR . This splitting carries too much is killing the momentum of all of our running backs. 

Of course Ezekiel Elliot is a great player, but something that really helps him undoubetly? Getting into a rythm, getting so many carries, and getting so much time to gell with the oline and discover all the nuances because the sheer volume of attemps hes getting is helping him get better and giving him more chances to be in the game when the defense inevitably breaks down 1 or 2 plays for big ass holes and Zeke is sprinting down the field. 

Its true and its something I've pointed out a lot over the years, the lack of a true workhorse RB. We've been a split carry offense for too long. But we need armah out there and if the run game struggles a little bit throw dickson and olsen as TE's and run it

Just now, The Huddler said:

Hiw is a guy suppossed to get a feel for how the Oline opens up with a gimmick out of shotgun carry here or there

there is no doubt in my mind he could excell being THE guy in a tradition I formation run game.  

He was The Guy in college and was the top back in college. Give him lotsa carriesfrom the I formation not from the shotgun gimmick plays

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Rivera is gonna stick with his vets, especially a vet like Stew who has been with him his entire head coaching career. 

If gettleman was still here i believe syew would certainly be cut. But with hurney, i dont see it. 

I feel stew is leeching and will continue to leach for an extra year or two

15 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

If CMC can’t handle 15 carries, he shouldn’t have been the pick at 8

Now that's a Facto he can though if he got 15 he'd probably break two big ones he might cut inside and get sone of y'all all worked up lol but he would do work he's ready and would be just as effective still in the passing game he's a premier talent who led the nation in total yards last year. No matter how he got the yards he still put them numbers up showing he can handle a heavy work load, we are so slow to adjust we'll probably figure out in a week or two.

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

If gettleman was still here i believe syew would certainly be cut. But with hurney, i dont see it. 

Surely to god Stew won't be on the roster after this season. Stevie Wonder can see that he's shot. 

Just now, The Huddler said:

If the team continues to play like today with stew getting 1.7 ypc and funchess the only w r we will be out in the first round if we even make the playoffs.  Guaranteed!

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

exactly this. Gettleman was ruthless and we're going to miss that dearly until we get a real GM. That mindset bit him in the ass with Norman, but overall he was doing well imo and not afraid to cut dudes that arent producing. I think JR was afraid of that and canned him before GMan could cut an important piece of the "family" off like Charles Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, or TD. 

11 minutes ago, beastson said:

Its true and its something I've pointed out a lot over the years, the lack of a true workhorse RB. We've been a split carry offense for too long. But we need armah out there and if the run game struggles a little bit throw dickson and olsen as TE's and run it

Not sure this is actually true. Stewy has been the bell cow since DWill was cut. But I agree, it looks like it may be time to see what CmC can do as THE MAN.

Archived