• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does training camp stay at Wofford after the sale?

KSpan

With the impending sale a lot of things could shake up and the current contract with Wofford runs through 2019, but JR out of the picture means a major Spartanburg tie will be gone. Obviously pure conversation only at this point but where else could TC take place? Wofford isn't far from Charlotte so would there be much to gain from bringing it all to Charlotte?

Not sure, I don't see why it would need to leave unless the new owner has ties to somewhere else that he wants to move it, which is certainly very possible. Doubt a new owner will move it for the sake of moving it so would need to have a reason to want it somewhere specifically.

28 minutes ago, KSpan said:

With the impending sale a lot of things could shake up and the current contract with Wofford runs through 2019, but JR out of the picture means a major Spartanburg tie will be gone. Obviously pure conversation only at this point but where else could TC take place? Wofford isn't far from Charlotte so would there be much to gain from bringing it all to Charlotte?

I could see them moving it to Columbia or Death Valley. I would imaging they want to keep SC involved. That all changes if SC refuses to help out with the new stadium. I'm of the opinion that if the counties on the NC border dont help out screw the state and keep everything North of the border. Why should they get the benefits without any of the investment or risk?

1 minute ago, jbland said:

I could see them moving it to Columbia or Death Valley. I would imaging they want to keep SC involved. That all changes if SC refuses to help out with the new stadium. If of the opinion that if the counties on the NC border dont help out screw the state and keep everything North of the border. Why should they get the benefits without any of the investment or risk?

There's talk SC could take the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's talk SC could take the whole thing.

Just the other side of the Border or somewhere else?

I highly doubt there is any substance to that rumor. Not that it couldn't happen but I would bet they move to Raleigh before they move to Columbia or somewhere else in SC. 

Archived