• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman Hired By The NY Giants As Their New GM

bobsfoodbasics

6 hours ago, FugAllY'all said:

The rationalizing and nitpicking in here is just precious. Please name a GM who's never made a mistake. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Now, name a GM who took over a team $15 million over the cap that was 4 years removed from their last winning season and immediatly turned them into a contender that made the playoffs 4 out of the next 5 years, including at least 3 division championships. Again, go ahead, I'll wait.

Bottom line is the Panther's loss is the Giant's gain. Worst mistake this franchise has ever made.

Well said.

Those fans who believe we are better off with Marty Hurney instead of Dave Gettleman must be too young to remember Marty's first ten years as GM.

DG garnered more championships in four years than Marty did in ten.  

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Well said.

Those fans who believe we are better off with Marty Hurney instead of Dave Gettleman must be too young to remember Marty's first ten years as GM.

DG garnered more championships in four years than Marty did in ten.  

Wrong DG didn’t have to worry about finding a franchise QB on both sides of the field. 

Pls list  all of the teams that are successful without a franchise QB, is it the Browns , Bills,etc 

DG only gets partial credit.

6 hours ago, Fox007 said:

If DG was any good we might have made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years.

Which is infinitely better than any GM we've ever had. 

Any GM capable of fielding teams that made the playoffs 80% of the time should be at the top of the Panthers interview list... they'd easily be the best GM Carolina ever had... oh wait.

14 hours ago, bull123 said:

Josh disaster

KB....lousy pick

Smitty...still not over that

big Vern...finally on the field some

Shaq...underachiever 

sammuel and Elder....not on field

wanted to cut TD and Olson

he was good on some things....Mac a HR...short and star

we will see how he does with no Cam and no coach

Man there’s some serious fantasy fiction poo in that post right there.

14 hours ago, heel31ok said:

I dont like the fact he traded up for him out of panic mode...could have gotten him in our regular spot

So basically you’re inventing fantasy points in your own mind to support your already existing bias because Gettleman cut your favorite player(s).

Because you don’t have any idea if what you said above is true, Madden GM, nor do you have any way to verify it.  And, no, neither Mel Kiper’s ESPN Insider NFL Draft Top 100 nor The Sporting New NFL Draft Guide you bought off of the Publix magazine shelf count.

9 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Dave did draft a defensive tackle with the first round pick after he let Norman walk. Do you think he would have drafted yet another in the second round if Norman was retained?

excellent point.  He probably still picks a corner in round 2 or round 3 but not both.  Maybe he picks some offensive line help or a TE in the third instead of Worley.  We had private visits Gasglow the center out of Michigan and Austin Hooper the TE out of Stanford.  Both those guys were projected in the 2nd/3rd and would have been good eventual replacements for some high-priced guys that had a little age to them.  The indecision from Norman forced our hand and made picking a CB more dire.

17 hours ago, TheRed said:

There isn't a Cam Newton on the roster to cover up for his gaffes. Dave better turn things around in a hurry because the media in NY isn't going to give him a pass for dumpster diving.

But he does hold the number 2 pick in the draft in a year where QBs are great coming out. With that said...the best qb in the draft has already said he hates the browns and wants to avoid them..making the actual number 1 pick fall right into his lap.

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

I never got past losing Smitty and then Josh

drafting at tail end of rounds is tough, so I would say DG did OK there

hurneys drafts from 09 to 11 were awful outside of at the top

where I had my beef with DG was that was an awful negotiator with agents and resigning vets...too hard headed...never found a way to keep good players wanting big $$

bet he does very well for 2-3 yrs with the giants to rebuild them as his philosophies of building the trenches is a damn good one

But I am still glad he is not here anymore

What?

Cam

Kalil

Olsen

Trai

Luke

Short

TD

Addison

All got contract extensions under Gettleman.

Who did he release? Smitty, Norman, and Williams.

That's a 8-3 ratio there bub. The Narrative that Gettleman let guys walk is such BS it's ridiculous. He let's divas walk, and I'm kind of OK with that. 

He pays what guys are worth (Unless you are Matt Kalil then you get bonus money for occupying the same womb as your much better brother).

There is so much revisionist history, butthurt smitty fans, people who have only followed the team since Cam became the QB, and overall dumbassery (on both sides) that I question whether or not you people can even wipe your own asses. 

People who think DG was a terrible GM are the same people who think fish in water aren't wet. 

Archived