• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drastic change with new owner- would you still be a fan of this team?

Chardee MacDennis

I’ll be a fan of the panthers under nearly every condition. The one condition that I would immediately forfeit my fandom is if the new ownership pisses all over the current psl holders in a quest for a new stadium. They have a perfectly good stadium in place with a large contingent of psl owners committed to tickets long term. To turn their backs on that, would instantly lose me and I hope I would not be alone in that. I would hope the majority of fans here would boycott the idea of psls helping to fund a new stadium. 

First of all there isn't going to be a Hershel Walker type trade done again. It was great for Dallas but bad for Minnesota and history has shown it was a bad trade.

Second the whole burn it down and start over concept assumes we make all the right draft picks and everyone develops which most times doesn't happen. If a new owner wants to build good will with a fan base, starting off stripping your stars and rebuilding  after an 11-5 season would be the exact opposite of what you would want to do. Imagine trying to sell out a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium after we have gutted our roster and have a string of losing seasons. Who would buy in at that point. 

This is a step by step approach to killing the Panthers not building them up.

Always will be a fan, can't be much worse then 2010, but I'd actually be open to trading alot of people, even Cam if it means we start fresh with new coaches as well.

Keep Olsen for new QB to have as safety blanket, keep Luke, Star, Trai, and Norwell for sure and I don't give a poo about the rest of the team

10 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I’ll be a fan of the panthers under nearly every condition. The one condition that I would immediately forfeit my fandom is if the new ownership pisses all over the current psl holders in a quest for a new stadium. They have a perfectly good stadium in place with a large contingent of psl owners committed to tickets long term. To turn their backs on that, would instantly lose me and I hope I would not be alone in that. I would hope the majority of fans here would boycott the idea of psls helping to fund a new stadium. 

I agree totally. I know I wouldn't buy them again particularly when the price will be significantly higher for PSLs and tickets to fund the new stadium and pay the 2 billion dollar purchase fee. I understand the desire for a dome stadium but anything that doesn't involve putting a roof on the current stadium is going to.piss off 60 thousand fans who are responsible for the Panthers being here to start with. Everytime I have to pay 2 grand for 3 nosebleed season tickets a year I think that maybe sitting on the couch and buying a few games would be much cheaper. But I don't because I invested thousands in PSLs. If I get screwed out of those I will have no incentive to keep paying especially if the prices go up and they will.

Archived