• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets have made Kemba Available for Trade

AppHeel

Just now, JakeDel5674 said:

Meh, I disagree. We just have to get a GM that knows how to Draft well. No one thought a team like OKC could contend at the top. Or Cleveland for instance. It can happen, but the NBA is a different beast. We have to hit on our Draft picks, and not pick complete and utter poo when we do Draft. 

I'm not sure the NBA will let the Hornets "hit" on draft picks.

Just now, JakeDel5674 said:

Kind of simple solutions to that, honestly. Draft Beal over MKG. Draft Booker over Frank. Two simple solutions, and we're not here talking about this poo today. 

Yeah but it looks like Cho has a life time seat at the table so idk the point of anything.

I heard there is less than 1% chance we trade Kemba away.. our fanbase is not stable enough to dump the best player in franchise history.. unless you want the arena to look like it did the other night because of the snow storm - Don't do this..

I am on board with riding out the season.. I don't trust the Front Office - AT ALL - to trade him away - and we don't look like complete ret*rds with our d*cks hanging out..

Just now, bLACKpANTHER said:

I heard there is less than 1% chance we trade Kemba away.. our fanbase is not stable enough to dump the best player in franchise history.. unless you want the arena to look like it did the other night because of the snow storm - Don't do this..

I am on board with riding out the season.. I don't trust the Front Office - AT ALL - to trade him away - and we don't look like complete ret*rds with our d*cks hanging out..

In a way, I feel the fan base is already at that point, but not sure you risk it.

Every fan with half a brain new signing Batum to the max was a fuging awful move. That move alone forces us to just go out and compete for atleast another season and a half before we can think of tanking and shedding some salary.

If we are going to tank / trade Kemba for hopefully young players and a good pick we should have already fired Clifford and the rest of the coaching staff. He is a vets coach and doesn't care to play young players.

Our Front office is a complete mess. Jordan has to know from a financial stand point Kemba is the only draw to the team. Trade him and the Hornets will bleed money for the next few years at least.

12 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Yeah but it looks like Cho has a life time seat at the table so idk the point of anything.

That is a great point - But I read it as this is a RED FLAG that Cho doesn't have a "life time seat" And is at risk of getting fired.. and everyone knows GMs in danger will do either 1 of 2 things to try and save their job:
A) Hit the Reset button and beg ownership to let them hang around to see the process out thru the draft..
B) Make a panic-move trade that brings in some short-term help that usually never pans out..

We are staring down option "A" when I think the Walker/Dwight combo is getting better and better as the season goes on..

I am also in the camp that thinks Walker would hang around and Re-up with us next offseason.. maybe I'm stupid, but he seems to be the guy that wouldn't "chase a ring" and be content with being the King of Charlotte for a lifetime..

5 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

That is a great point - But I read it as this is a RED FLAG that Cho doesn't have a "life time seat" And is at risk of getting fired.. and everyone knows GMs in danger will do either 1 of 2 things to try and save their job:
A) Hit the Reset button and beg ownership to let them hang around to see the process out thru the draft..
B) Make a panic-move trade that brings in some short-term help that usually never pans out..

We are staring down option "A" when I think the Walker/Dwight combo is getting better and better as the season goes on..

I am also in the camp that thinks Walker would hang around and Re-up with us next offseason.. maybe I'm stupid, but he seems to be the guy that wouldn't "chase a ring" and be content with being the King of Charlotte for a lifetime..

I think Kemba WOULD stick around as well, but who knows.

Archived