• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl's coming up, let's talk about D.J. Chark

Rags

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

By the way, anybody gonna talk about this guy?

senior-bowl-south-practice-jan-23-2018-1

He is a solid player,  and he had a solid Senior Bowl.  I think that people need to take him more seriously. He may not go in the 3rd or 4th, but that's probably where he deserves to go. I read that he misses a few sometimes that are directly related to missing a hand, but it doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

Just now, top dawg said:

He is a solid player,  and he had a solid Senior Bowl.  I think that people need to take him more seriously. He may not go in the 3rd or 4th, but that's probably where he deserves to go. I read that he misses a few sometimes that are directly related to missing a hand, but it doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I'm torn on the notion.

It's not the same as Tom Dempsey.  A receiver missing a hand is kind of a big deal.

But if you go by production (which is what you should go by) you can't ignore him.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go as early as the 2nd depending on how the rest of the pre-draft process goes for him. Somewhere between the 2nd and 4th IMO.

Some have Said this is a weak WR draft...it seems to be shaping up with some good picks deep into the draft...

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LSU WRs are often hard to judge because their QBs are so consistently terrible.

Louisiana has some of the best high school football talent in the country every year.  Its amazing to me how, year after year, LSU struggles to have a competent QB.

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Some have Said this is a weak WR draft...it seems to be shaping up with some good picks deep into the draft...

Yeah, the value at WR this year is probably more in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and not the 1st (though guys like Ridley and Sutton will likely be well worth the pick if they go in the 1st).

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

I don't know that people have said it's a weak draft,  as much as they've said there really isn't much outside of Ridley that is day one material.  There are several intriguing prospects on day two and later. 

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Yeah, the value at WR this year is probably more in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and not the 1st (though guys like Ridley and Sutton will likely be well worth the pick if they go in the 1st).

Thats why we have our fave name but all is not lost if we dont take our particular guy...

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't know that people have said it's a weak draft,  as much as they've said there really isn't much outside of Ridley that is day one material.  There are several intriguing prospects on day two and later. 

The pt being not getting Ridley isnt a big deal...

1 hour ago, davos said:

A lot of body catching...but when you're wide open in college, the guys go for the secure method.  Still though, he doesn't jump out much to me to be frank.  I am hard on the Anthony Miller train.  

I get the body catching thing,  but how a 160 yard day on five catches at the Senior Bowl doesn't jump out,  I don't know. Miller may very well turn out to be a sneaky good receiver, but he may not have as much straightline speed as Chark, and he certainly doesn't have the catch radius of the much bigger receiver.  He is a natural hands catcher though. I think that it's still a question as to which receiver will actually be more explosive and productive at the next level though.  

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

160 yards on five catches,  and good in coverage on special teams.  Alright @Rags, this guy has really got my attention now.  I'm going to have to wait until individual workouts and the Combine to see more, but I think that he may have it.

Really appreciate the heads-up. 

Am going to do a post on this at some point but just based on some of my preliminary research my targets at wideout this draft are: Calvin Ridley, James Washington, Michael Gallup and DJ Clark. Ridley is obvious and if he's there should be the pick (though I ultimately expect him to go top 10-15). But the other 3 are all realistic targets for us. Clark as you mentioned earlier in this thread, anywhere from 2nd to 3rd round. Washington I want to see how his stock develops but he could be in play at 24, more likely 2nd round, but that guy is the deep threat outside receiver we need for Cam, but he's not just a one trick pony either. And Gallup is more of a 3rd-4th rounder (could rise to 2nd though...) but is very solid with good size, speed and reliability, downfield tracking and jump ball ability. All 4 of those guys are pure outside receiving threats, which is what we need with McC and Samuel/Byrd in the slot already.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I get the body catching thing,  but how a 160 yard day on five catches at the Senior Bowl doesn't jump out,  I don't know. Miller may very well turn out to be a sneaky good receiver, but he may not have as much straightline speed as Chark, and he certainly doesn't have the catch radius of the much bigger receiver.  He is a natural hands catcher though. I think that it's still a question as to which receiver will actually be more explosive and productive at the next level though.  

I think Miller is pretty much a cant miss prospect...

Archived