• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we can fix our wr core in freeagency without spending big $$

juliosantos

This isn't an option anymore.  We can't waste anymore of Cam's golden years.  He needs a proven playmaker and that will cost money.  I get being smart with spending but you can't always shop the on the clearance rack.   WR needs some attention this offseason.

1 hour ago, juliosantos said:

OK so many of you want jarvis landry but in reality he might be one of the highest paid free agents this season . He is very talented and i would love to have him but theres better ways to do this . I feel like the way to win free agency is kind of like the stock market you want to buy low on some one that can potential blow up . We need to find players that are going to be lower priced that have potential and im not talking dumpster diving like gettleman did spending money on players that cant make a team roster but pretty well known names that can fit our scheme and that are going under the radar.  Here we go these are some players we should look at .

.Albert wilson

.john brown

.brice butler

kendell wright 

all of these players can stretch the field for us and add multiple of them or add one with lets say a bigger name like watkins or pryor and draft a wr early in the draft and we are set and finally give cam the weapons he needs for him to exceed his potential.

I agree, good stuff 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Not a single WR in this discussion excites me at all. I'd rather take a chance on a few of the top WRs in the draft. It's a weaker class, but I think that could mean that the top guys will be available at our 1st or 2nd round pick like the OTs last year where the top OT went in the 20s and the other top 2 went end of first and early 2nd.

I still don't get the Lee love. KB had better results in 3 years than Lee had in 4 years. Lee's going to cost almost as much as KB's 5th year option and I don't think he'd help us anymore than having Byrd and Samuel healthy and Lee's missed 2-6 games in 3 of his 4 years.

I say we need a FA and a drafted WR...a FA RB...and draft cb ,S,DE,Te ,OT...

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

This isn't an option anymore.  We can't waste anymore of Cam's golden years.  He needs a proven playmaker and that will cost money.  I get being smart with spending but you can't always shop the on the clearance rack.   WR needs some attention this offseason.

ok , so we let Norwell  and Star walk, cut J.Stew.. then go out and get Landry, Wallace or Watkins...then we'll need a RB , you gonna draft him ?

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

I can't wait for all of the bitching and crying when we walk into next season with Funchess, Samuel, Byrd, Shepherd, and Clay.

Won't be nearly as sad as when the lights fade on Cam, and Luke's careers. If we have no Lombardi Trophy to show for it, you'll be here crying too bro.

10 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

ok , so we let Norwell  and Star walk, cut J.Stew.. then go out and get Landry, Wallace or Watkins...then we'll need a RB , you gonna draft him ?

That's what they get paid the big bucks for. Figure it out. 

I doubt we'll need to let Star and White Buffalo both walk just to sign a quality guy.

1 minute ago, Mojo said:

That's what they get paid the big bucks for. Figure it out. 

I doubt we'll need to let Star and White Buffalo both walk just to sign a quality guy.

If it's Star or Norwell, let Star go get paid elsewhere. We have a first round pick in Butler just riding the pine.

Archived