• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we can fix our wr core in freeagency without spending big $$

juliosantos

OK so many of you want jarvis landry but in reality he might be one of the highest paid free agents this season . He is very talented and i would love to have him but theres better ways to do this . I feel like the way to win free agency is kind of like the stock market you want to buy low on some one that can potential blow up . We need to find players that are going to be lower priced that have potential and im not talking dumpster diving like gettleman did spending money on players that cant make a team roster but pretty well known names that can fit our scheme and that are going under the radar.  Here we go these are some players we should look at .

.Albert wilson

.john brown

.brice butler

kendell wright 

all of these players can stretch the field for us and add multiple of them or add one with lets say a bigger name like watkins or pryor and draft a wr early in the draft and we are set and finally give cam the weapons he needs for him to exceed his potential.

John Brown or Marquis Lee would be enough to get me excited.  Then draft a guy early (top 3 rounds) and we are all set.  Especially with Samuel and Byrd hopefully contributing a full season next year (crossing my fingers for health).   The WR core is not as dire as some would think.  It definitely needs a veteran speed addition and Funch compliment, but Bersin, Shephard and Clay will be replaced with Samuel, Byrd and whoever the FA addition is.  

Yep, just what we need at WR... more JAGs. We have several guys on the roster that fit the mold of a 4th or 5th WR on the depth chart. What we need are some legit damn WRs. Right now, we have one guy who's proven that he can be counted upon to play a significant role in the WR corps and that's Funchess. Seriously, that's it. Everyone else is just potential and question marks.

I realize that folks think we need to find a top receiver in free agency but I suspect if we do anything we will either use the 3rd we got for Benjamin to replace him through the draft or a trade for a WR. That seems more likely than spending big bucks on a free agent given our MO is to not pay for expensive free agents. Outside of Kalil, when have we done that in the last decade.

No more projects. No more "what if" guys.

Get proven talent. If we have to open the wallet some, so be it. We have generational talent on both sides of the ball right now. I'm done wasting that trying to fill in skill positions like wide receiver by dumpster diving.

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Unbelievable......buying low is what we have been doing the last 5 years with gettleman. AND IT NEVER WORKED outside of Ginn. Not interested in repeating the same process. 

yeah well when the value is there you take it no matter what has happened before...it's not about buying low it's about talent and just  because the price is going to be low the talent is still there..

Archived