• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agency Notes and Speculation

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jets claimed him on waivers.

I must be missing something......oakland announced a few days before putting him on waivers that they planned to do so.....our spot on the wire made it unlikely he falls to us.....his salary was not onerous and had no guarantee........why wouldn't we offer a 7th.......oakland talks that vs nothing don't they?  and we get a look at a tight end better than we can draft in the 7th(HOPEFULLY) with no risk....

5 minutes ago, piversen said:

I must be missing something......oakland announced a few days before putting him on waivers that they planned to do so.....our spot on the wire made it unlikely he falls to us.....his salary was not onerous and had no guarantee........why wouldn't we offer a 7th.......oakland talks that vs nothing don't they?  and we get a look at a tight end better than we can draft in the 7th(HOPEFULLY) with no risk....

Only real answer I could give you there is just that we weren't interested enough in him to make that kind of an offer.

I don't get it.  Still unemployed.

Kenny Vaccaro, S/CB, Saints. Age: 27.
Kenny Vaccaro was having a great year covering players in the slot, but suffered a groin injury in the middle of the season. He returned after a two-game absence, but struggled after that before landing on injured reserve.

Eric Reid, S, 49ers. Age: 26.
Eric Reid has missed 12 games in the past two seasons, but he's too talented not to grade highly. Reid misses tackles, but happens to be excellent in coverage. He's only 26, so there's still lots of room for improvement.

Tre Boston, S, Chargers. Age: 25.
Tre Boston was inconsistent in Carolina, so he signed a 1-year "prove it" deal with the Chargers last offseason. That definitely worked, as Boston had a strong 2017 campaign, earning himself some money. Boston missed some tackles, but was tremendous in coverage.
Tyvon Branch, S, Cardinals. Age: 31.
Tyvon Branch was exceptional for the Cardinals in the first half of the season. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL in early November. There's a chance he could be ready for training camp, but he may not be completely healthy to start the season.

image.png

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Kenny Vaccaro was having a great year covering players in the slot, but suffered a groin injury in the middle of the season. He returned after a two-game absence, but struggled after that before landing on injured reserve.

Eric Reid has missed 12 games in the past two seasons, but he's too talented not to grade highly. Reid misses tackles, but happens to be excellent in coverage. He's only 26, so there's still lots of room for improvement.

Tre Boston was inconsistent in Carolina, so he signed a 1-year "prove it" deal with the Chargers last offseason. That definitely worked, as Boston had a strong 2017 campaign, earning himself some money. Boston missed some tackles, but was tremendous in coverage.
Tyvon Branch was exceptional for the Cardinals in the first half of the season. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL in early November. There's a chance he could be ready for training camp, but he may not be completely healthy to start the season.

image.png

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/nfl-safety-free-agents-best-available-tre-boston-eric-reid-kenny-vaccaro/7mvhjumemrdp1vhe0nptkfg62

This put it into perspective for me. According to this they are looking for +$7m on a multiyear deal. I think teams are waiting to see what they can get out of the draft before making that kind of commitment. Has some similarities to the RB FA last year.

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

image.png

Turds

Archived