• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Making Moves

Saca312

27 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Read the Giants will be running a mix of 3-4 and 4-3 this season.

He's an excellent 4-3 OLB.

And his salary doesn't jump until 2020 and they can cut him then if he's not worth it at that point and save $8M on their cap.

I don't see the big deal for a low 4th and a 6th.

Their 2-deep at 4-3 OLB last year was (1st team) Devon Kennard, Jonathan Casillas, and (2nd team) Ray-Ray Armstrong, and Akeem Ayers.

They just upgraded that position. 

A LOT.

45 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

is that worse than spending your 4th on a guy like brandon hogan who never saw the field? or frank alexander? or david gettis? duke robinson? lee ziemba? tony pike? lawrence wilson? 

the potential return on mid to late draft picks are especially overrated on this forum

I agree. So, you should have no problem with our current GM not being all that in his mid round selections (4-7th) right?

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I agree. So, you should have no problem with our current GM not being all that in his mid round selections (4-7th) right?

I think that's a given.  If he can even get a starter in the 1st then he's lived up to expectations.  He sucks in every round after that.  If he somehow stumbles on even a decent backup in the later rounds he will have exceed my expectations.

I'm not expecting much from our current guy.  I would advise you to do the same for your own mental health.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think that's a given.  If he can even get a starter in the 1st then he's lived up to expectations.  He sucks in every round after that.  If he somehow stumbles on even a decent backup in the later rounds he will have exceed my expectations.

I'm not expecting much from our current guy.  I would advise you to do the same for your own mental health.

I pretty much agree with all that, except the mental health part. I pretty much accepted the Panthers for what they are after we went 6-10 after 15-1.  

I just hope we get a better GM in here than the previous trash ones we’ve had; including our current one. Whoever can get us back to back winning seasons will get the ultimate support from me.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I pretty much agree with all that, except the mental health part. I pretty much accepted the Panthers for what they are after we went 6-10 after 15-1.  

I just hope we get a better GM in here than the previous trash ones we’ve had; including our current one. Whoever can get us back to back winning seasons will get the ultimate support from me.

It will take a new owner with a better FO than we have now to have a shot.

To borrow a line from old Foxy, it is what it is.

1 hour ago, BigKing said:

You have the former GM of this team--one that presided over arguably the best period in team history--get surprisingly dismissed less than a year ago and then get hired by a conference foe and you want to try and say "who cares?" or imply that it isn't interesting when he makes moves?  C'mon now.

The fact that he was replaced by the previous failure of a GM is going to lead to comparisons from here on out so buckle up.

Well his tenure just also happened to coincide with two players coming into their prime who are the best in team history. That also kind of helps. Oh and by the way he didn’t draft either of them. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Well his tenure just also happened to coincide with two players coming into their prime who are the best in team history. That also kind of helps. Oh and by the way he didn’t draft either of them. 

It didn't seem to help the guy that actually did draft them, just saying.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You have the former GM of this team--one that presided over arguably the best period in team history--get surprisingly dismissed less than a year ago and then get hired by a conference foe and you want to try and say "who cares?" or imply that it isn't interesting when he makes moves?  C'mon now.

Again who gives a fug what what Gettle fug does ?

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It didn't seem to help the guy that actually did draft them, just saying.

The amazing and most hilarious thing, bro, is that the DG hate all spawned from and reproduced from...

Smitty and his cucks.

Its absolutely fugging amazing how those people let that one personnel cut shade everything they believe(d) about the Panthers organization.

Archived