• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Have *Serious* Interest In S Tyrann Mathieu

Saca312

1 hour ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Really? Why would you take a pay cut to play for a losing team......wtf

Losing team who's about to hands down have the best qb in their division with the best defense. Oh yea thenstill have Nike and Fuller. Man they're about to compete with Jax winner probably goes to the big dance.

1 hour ago, boney said:

Yeah, this is very odd. Arizona was offering him 9 million a year I thought.

Az seemed to be in limbo no qb and what seems to be their second or third choice in coach in Houston you also have no income tax so I'd say that's fairly close in payout. With Houston being everything for young man with money it's a easy decision to me.

26 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Well, poo, I was hoping for the HB.  One year deal though?  

Basically betting on himself. With no one willing to give him a big guaranteed deal (likely due to past durability concerns) he only signs for one year and he'll hit the open market again next year. If he can play all 16 games again this year that should alleviate a lot of the injury concerns and he'll likely be poised to cash in. If he had it to do over again he probably would've swallowed his pride and took that pay cut in AZ but I'm sure he never anticipated the market for his services would be this soft. I certainly didn't either.

Archived