• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil- help needed!

Ok, so can anyone remember or check back and see the games where Norwell did or didnt play a full game this past season? Did he play every snap? My memory is awful but I seem to recall Silo playing LG at some point....

Anyways, the main focus of this thread is to determine how Matt Kalil will handle not having Norwell next to him, sliding to help in protection. Someone posted on here a little while back about the value of the LG position and how many times guys who play LG are overvalued because most of the time they are sliding to help protect and therefore are more often than not part of a double team block. 

My thought here is yes we need a new LG for sure, but also did Norwell help cover up Matt Kalil being even worse than he looked? If we don't get a sufficient replacement at LG, will Kalil all the sudden look even worse??

If so, why wouldn't we consider moving Kalil to LG (the position considered to be the easiest on the OL) and insert a new LT such as Williams/Moton or draft one?

Just trying to figure out the OL and getting concerned that Matt Kalil might just ruin Cam's career next year.

Matt Kalil while not good, was not as horrible near the end of the year.   Hopefully he can build on that to go from serviceable to ok.  Also with the new OC and probably a new formula on how we do things, there is perhaps a chance he won't look horrible.   All we need is decent at that position.  Good would be nice, great would be a dream, but decent and we can still win a championship imo. 

Archived