• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ready Player One

Pejorative Miscreant

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A bit of a letdown for me as a big fan of the book. They left out like 75%. 

At first I was that way, too, especially when the first key was completely different than the book's. Then I just started looking at it as two completely different attempts to tell the same story. I loved the book and have waited years for the movie, but I realized there was no way to get all of that book into a movie and get the viewers to understand all of the references.

They did change out the '80s nostalgia for basically a nostalgia of our last 30 years, but I guess that played out better for a wider audience.

Overall, it was a great popcorn burner, just like the original book was a first rate page turner. Wonder if they will do Armada now?

Loved it. The nostalgia and the story were great. Spielberg literally shoots the BEST chase sequences in modern film. The whole film was wonderfully shot. Score was exceptional. Acting was really good (although I kept saying "That's Danny Rayburn" to myself...)

Archived