• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

start matt moore!

jakesthemistake

Although we blame fox alot for his stubborness, Jake needs to be seen in the same light. After a while when do you say "hey I've become this teams liability. Maybe in order to give my team the best possible chance to win I should let someone take over and see what Happens."

very true statement

i have supported jake through all this, but i have to be honest. after today, with the last drive, not giving him the ball because of previous mistakes says a lot. it's time to start with the future. i would rather us lose with a new quarter back than watch jake single-handedly give the game back with 2 ints avg per game. i mean the last time we ran the ball with out throwing was when wienke sucked...if that says anything. sorry jake. it was a good run. thanks for the super bowl trip in 2003 and all but its time for the future...what future we can muster

I agree, this reminded me of 06 when Wienke was playing because of Jake's injury and we went to the direct snap offense against Atlanta because we didn't trust Wienke to throw it at all. If the coaching staff really thinks Jake gives us the best chance to win, fine, but if so, why take the ball completely out of his hands at the end? I know Fox wants to save his job but I, for one, would be more inclined to keep him if we go 6-10 with Moore and figure out what we have/develop a plan for the future rather than 8-8 with Jake and be right back at square one. And, BTW, I don't think we can get to 8-8 with Jake anyway.

The only way Fox can at least look like he's actually trying to be a coach to this team this year is to bench Jake at least once. It happened to McNabb. Jake is no McNabb and he never was a Favre.

I usually don't comment much on this situation because I've been torn. We need to see what Moore is worth and if he can read and react better than Jake is right now.

I don't think Jake is seeing the field and doesn't have the confidence to gun it out to Steve anymore and Steve no happy. If Moore can do it we don't need to worry about QB next year. We can focus on the D line. Give the guy a chance Fox it can't hurt now.

Archived