• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fansided Names Top 5 Panthers of All Time

Toker Smurf

13 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

You know there wasn't a team here in carolina when he played for the saints right?  He was legitimately on the very first panthers team, then coached the team and gave the speech that has become our matra, I mean, I don't know how much more "panthers" he could be.

Most inspirational panther definitely.

Contributed so much to our team identity definitely.

1 of our 5 greatest "players"?   I don't see it. 

TD, Moose, Wesley Walls,  imo would go ahead of him as far as on field performance. 

top 12+4 (not in order)

1. Smitty
  2. Pep
  3. Cam
  4. Jake
  5. Kasay
  6. TD
  7. Luke
  8. Moose
  9. Minter
  10. Rucker
  11. Gross
  12. Kalil
  13. Olsen
  14. Mills
  15. Chris Gamble
  16. Kris Jenkins

honorable mentions: Stephen Davis, Wesley Walls, Richard Marshall, KK, Beuerlein (1999 showed what he was capable of, imo), Morgan and Witherspoon (the 59&58 of another era), Wharton

On 5/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, MHS831 said:

And it suggests that memories are not that good if we have 3 of the top 5 on the current roster.

Who would replace Peppers, Luke, or Cam though? You're talking about a guy who in Peppers is currently #4 on the all-time sack list and will probably retire as #3 and who got the bulk of those sacks in his 10 seasons as a Panther. Luke is a former DPOY and widely considered the best MLB in football. Cam is a former ROY and MVP and has carried the bulk of the load for our offense ever since he was drafted, both through the air and with his legs.

Peppers, Luke, Cam, and Smitty are the four locks. The only debate is who the 5th name on the list is and you could make an argument for a number of guys for that one.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:58 PM, MHS831 said:

Gross did more for us than Mills, as much as I love both.

Kasay should not be overlooked.

And it suggests that memories are not that good if we have 3 of the top 5 on the current roster.

Or it suggests that three of the best Panthers of all time are on our current roster.

Pep, Luke, and Cam will likely all be in the HoF.

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

top 12+4 (not in order)

1. Smitty
  2. Pep
  3. Cam
  4. Jake
  5. Kasay
  6. TD
  7. Luke
  8. Moose
  9. Minter
  10. Rucker
  11. Gross
  12. Kalil
  13. Olsen
  14. Mills
  15. Chris Gamble
  16. Kris Jenkins

honorable mentions: Stephen Davis, Wesley Walls, Richard Marshall, KK, Beuerlein (1999 showed what he was capable of, imo), Morgan and Witherspoon (the 59&58 of another era), Wharton

And Kevin Greene, then it looks good. Tough to leave him off. I would add Reggie White to the honorable list.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, Carolina Cajun said:

You know there wasn't a team here in carolina when he played for the saints right?  He was legitimately on the very first panthers team, then coached the team and gave the speech that has become our matra, I mean, I don't know how much more "panthers" he could be.

I wish more fans would understand this especially the younger ones.

Archived