• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst starters that you can remember?

Mage

Eric Sheldon or Shelton I remember right?

Weinke was terrible,...

Clausen maybe gets the trophy there. 

Nakamura—- I have that burn at the last from Matt Ryan burned into my brain—-

mike Goodson— I remember the pass on the one yard line, just needed to push the ball over the goal line,... one yard dude,..

Fua— omg— should make his living selling Pancakes,..

deshaun foster at the end,.. that was real sad, Fox just wouldn’t let it go.

kerry Colbert,.. wow, went from flash to flop, damn you for giving us hope— Dwayne Jarrett if he had ever started.

There are busts, then there are the bad players...but then there's the ones who get playing time, consistently, and piss you off.

The first of that criteria for me was Todd Steussie.  

Also, yes, Byron Bell, Nate Chandler

Mike Goodson was one of our three best players in 2010. Huntley led the team in rushing in '01. There are plenty of people who you can list from that year but he's not one of them.

Fasani started 1-2 games and he's on here but no DJ Hackett? No flag-chuckin' Matt Willig? Where are the fans from back in the day?

27 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Eric Sheldon or Shelton I remember right?

Weinke was terrible,...

Clausen maybe gets the trophy there. 

Nakamura—- I have that burn at the last from Matt Ryan burned into my brain—-

mike Goodson— I remember the pass on the one yard line, just needed to push the ball over the goal line,... one yard dude,..

Fua— omg— should make his living selling Pancakes,..

deshaun foster at the end,.. that was real sad, Fox just wouldn’t let it go.

kerry Colbert,.. wow, went from flash to flop, damn you for giving us hope— Dwayne Jarrett if he had ever started.

Eric Shelton never started

Way back in 95 we had a guy named Darion Conner starting at the 3-4 outside linebacker spot opposite Lamar Lathon. He was signed to a good contract because he'd registered 10 sacks the year before.

Lord, he was awful.

One of the starting tackles that year was a guy by the name of Derrick Graham. Not necessarily awful, but a false start he committed cost us a chance at winning our first ever game with a two-point conversion. Never forgave him for that.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Way back in 95 we had a guy named Darion Conner starting at the 3-4 outside linebacker spot opposite Lamar Lathon. He was signed to a good contract because he'd registered 10 sacks the year before.

Lord, he was awful.

One of the starting tackles that year was a guy by the name of Derrick Graham. Not necessarily awful, but a false start he committed cost us a chance at winning our first ever game with a two-point conversion. Never forgave him for that.

Man, way back,.. they weren’t that awful or more people like me would remember them... ha.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

WR Legedu Naanee
LT Byron Bell
LG Amini Silatolu
C Justin Hartwig
RG Mackenzy Bernadeau
RT Nate Chandler
TE Michael Gaines
WR Keary Colbert
QB Jimmy Clausen
FB Scott Greene
RB Richard Huntley

DE Jason Peter
DT Nick Hayden
DT Sione Fua
DE Jay Williams
SLB Dean Wells
MLB Dan Connor
WLB Hannibal Naives
CB Daryl Worley
CB Captain Munnerlyn
SS Haruki Nakamura
FS Deke Cooper

K Olindo Mare
P Ken Walter
KR/PR Armanti Edwards

shivers.gif

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

They were both replaced the following year :)

Conner was replaced by Kevin Greene.

I still have my sports illustrated in storage with Kerry Collins and Mark Brunell on the cover calling for the Expansion Bowl for a Super Bowl. That could have been awesome. 

Archived