• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadpool 2

Darth Biscuit

Can't believe there isn't already a thread...

Saw it today, and as much as I loved the 1st one, I thought this one...  kind of sucked.

Tbh they tried too hard. It just didn't have the same vibe as the first movie.

It wasn't super awful but...  several times during I wished it'd be done.  

I've heard the entire spectrum of things about it.

I've heard it's even funnier than the first.

I've heard it's about as good as the first.

I've heard it's good, but not quite as good as the first.

And I've heard that it's just kinda ok.

I'm seeing it Tuesday so I guess I'll find out. 

Loved it honestly.  Would need to watch again, but may have liked it better than the first...though they no doubt we're trying too hard.  Still works for a movie like Deadpool for me though, where trying too hard can sometimes help the joke within the joke. 

5 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

Spoilers?

Yukio and Negasonic gave Deadpool Cable's time machine after fixing it in the first credit scene and were all, "Yeah, that may have been a mistake".

The next one saw Deadpool "fix' the timeline. He saves Vanessa from being killed by hitting the guy with the butterknife, saves Peter from dying by telling him to go home after he lands his parachute, GOES TO ANOTHER X-MEN MOVIE and kills that horrible looking Deadpool every fan in the world hated, and then shows up behind Ryan Reynolds and kills him the day he reads the Green Lantern script, lol.

9 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Yukio and Negasonic gave Deadpool Cable's time machine after fixing it in the first credit scene and were all, "Yeah, that may have been a mistake".

The next one saw Deadpool "fix' the timeline. He saves Vanessa from being killed by hitting the guy with the butterknife, saves Peter from dying by telling him to go home after he lands his parachute, GOES TO ANOTHER X-MEN MOVIE and kills that horrible looking Deadpool every fan in the world hated, and then shows up behind Ryan Reynolds and kills him the day he reads the Green Lantern script, lol.

Lol. I can’t tell if you’re joking but it’s deadpool so I expect the ludicrous.

Haven’t seen the movie, and I don’t care if you spoil it for me: I’ve been reading that somehow cables time travel thing (on his wrist) is similar to the same time travel thing on the Avengers wrists on set for Avengers 4...does Deadpool 2 leave it open for the Deadpool characters to appear in the MCU (once the Fox and Marvel deal go through) 

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Haven’t seen the movie, and I don’t care if you spoil it for me: I’ve been reading that somehow cables time travel thing (on his wrist) is similar to the same time travel thing on the Avengers wrists on set for Avengers 4...does Deadpool 2 leave it open for the Deadpool characters to appear in the MCU (once the Fox and Marvel deal go through) 

There was a slight nod that it may. Apart from Deadpool literally calling Josh Brolin's Cable "Thanos" at one point. I think they're preparing us for it. Deadpool is entirely dependent on SHIELD, Cable, Spider-Man, the X-Men and various mainstream Avengers to exist further in good movies. This movie wrapped up his character arc (unless they want to introduce the comic book schizophrenia somehow). 

Seriously, put Deadpool in the next Avengers movie, even for a 10 minute scene. It'd go over like crazy and be a good way to announce that the deal is done and the inclusion of Fox properties has begun in the MCU. And the end credits scene actually fixes one of the major roadblocks to making it happen from a canonical standpoint.

Archived